Sign in to follow this  
Don Phelps

Any cigar aficionados?

Question

I've asked this on other boards in the past and was just curious as to whether others enjoyed a good smoke, and if so, what's your favorite?

I usually smoke one or two a week and really enjoy a Cohiba or a Macanudo. As with most, I'm banished to the outdoors while doing so. I otherwise don't smoke, just consider a good cigar a fruit of the labor.

11 answers to this question

The bigger the better. Macs are too mild for me. I average about 2/wk

I am currently working on a box of Partagas black. Torpedo's are always the fav. This is really a dynamite smoke.

Some of mother other fav's

Romeo y julieta reserve

Trinidad

montechristo #2

La gloria cubana.

there are sooo many I realy love. And living in tampa, the cigar capital...I really get to indulge

I like the Cohiba's, but have settled lately for CAO's, a tropical blend with rum. I enjoy the aroma and taste. I have a few a month, but would really like to get a few more COHIBA's, non existant here in the St. Louis area, even black market doesn't have them.

reed

cough cough, ahhh open the window :)

I'm a none smoker guys. I get on da wife when she lights up, not in the house and I open all windows in truck if she lights up, hey it is MY SUPER DUTY FORD!

I enjoy a good Avo Maduro #4 with a glass of Makers mark or cogniac. I usually smoke on the front porch after everyone goes to bed or in my truck if I know I'm going to be driving for at least 45 min to an hour. I've tried them all. The Avo's have the best draw, you can smoke them short, and you can exhale through your nose in order to taste the flavors more.

post-1113-13777214789_thumb.jpg

When Kinky Friedman gave then president Clinton a Cuban cigar, Clinton remarked the cigar was illegal. Replied Kinky, " Don't think of it as supporting the Cuban economy, think of it as burning their fields". I like a good cigar, and here's hoping Kinky is the next governor of Texas.

My tomorrow morning housewash client owns B&B Tobacconists here in town. He's a new client...I'll see if he'll tip me in Cubans! Life is good....

That is, except for the cost of 12.5% here...just went up to $4.70/g in 6 gallon pails. Yep...that's per GALLON. Caustic has really gone up too.

/neil