Sign in to follow this  
desi

jobs

Question

Hi,

Need advice on two(2) recently completed jobs.

job #1

Custoemr had transmission fluid on concrete drive way for about two weeks. Ilet Sodium hydroxide sit for about 1/2 hr before washing. Got oil off surface ( no longer slippery ) but the fluid stained the concrete. H/O also had metal furniture on the patio. The marble tiling was pourous and left small rust stains I could not get off.

job #2

I use a downstreamer nozzle from pressure tek. My machine does not appear to be pulling much in th eway of chems. 4 gpm 3400 psi cold water. H/O had mold on 2nd floor dormer my water could not reach and mildew streaks on gutter I could not get off.

What should I do in these cases & how do you handle jobs where you cannot deliver the quality you want.

4 answers to this question

Your reputation demands that you make it right.

Job 1: Driveway: I'd go back and try a strong mix of butyl and sodium hydroxide (there are concrete cleaners at the big box stores that have these). If you have hot water, all the better, if not let it dwell again. Some shadow will remain but I'd get as much of the grease out as I could. If this marble is the real thing I would be a little cautious. You canot use acid on marble. You really should use deionized water to clean it as mineral deposits can hurt it. Get yourself a marble specialty cleaner or get some rubbing alcohol and dilute it with distilled water trying varying ratios. More than likely the stain may remain.

Job 2: Get some 12% sodium hypochlorite. I don't know what type of nozzle you are using but I have started using a zero degree nozzle (I have to check orifice size but it might be a 25) I don't know the draw ration on Bob's DS'er so I am going to recommend going straight chlorine. The right nozzle will get you a nice heavy flow of detergent at least 30 feet, I have gotten almost 50 with none of the misting the X-Jet gets.

Use a ladder and go up and scrub it,then just simply rinse,it's not as much of a pain as people think.I mean the hourly rate pro cleaners get is enough to make it worth using the proper techniqes it takes to do a job the best it can be done.Not only that but if you say thats the best you can do you'll never have much repeat work.

H/O also had metal furniture on the patio. The marble tiling was pourous and left small rust stains I could not get off.

I would try safe restore on the rust, I had some rust like u are talking about on concrete and the safe restore took it right out real easy and it says u can use it on marble. I think a test kit is like $9 from them. At eaco chem.

H/O also had metal furniture on the patio. The marble tiling was pourous and left small rust stains I could not get off.

I would try safe restore on the rust, I had some rust like u are talking about on concrete and the safe restore took it right out real easy and it says u can use it on marble. I think a test kit is like $9 from them. At eaco chem.

You cannot use acid on marble unless you want the cost of replacing it.