Sign in to follow this  
PressurePros

What color?

Question

What colors are you guys using for uniforms? I have used dark colors which are great when sealing, but terrible when doing a housewash. My laborers have gone through them at very rapid rates. I am thinking of having two depending on the work..One would be a khaki colored shorts/pant with an off-white shirt and the other black shorts/pant with navy or black shirts. Any input or experience with a one color fits all approach?

3 answers to this question

Those dark colors would be hot, that would be my first concern. Our shirts are two colors of grey, both athletic tee type colors. If i were doing again the other color I'd consider would be oatmeal. I wanted something to match Carhartt brown shorts/pants and carpenter blue jeans. Getting ready to get some hoody's made, also will be in athletic grey color. Have you settled on a logo/colors yet??

I wear Dickies dark blue uniform pants,about $17.00 bucks at Wal-Mart.They are dark and though.But I like them dark because they don't reveal dirt and stains.And bleach does'nt even seem to effect them.They also fit very well.I used to wear the light colored type khaki pants but they would spot up really bad.

I wear gray t-shirt with name of business on front.For footwear I wear Muckboots,they fit very well and offer great protection.I also wear Mechanix gloves.They allow you to handle hoses,ladders etc... with excellent protection. I buy the Mechanix gloves with padded palms,every little bit helps.$27.99 a pair at Lowes.And for any type of light chemical protection I keep a set of Frogg Toggs rain gear in my van,they fit like pajamas.

Keep your shirts tucked in,it just looks more proffessional.Customers do notice.Not only that but when I call to have something done I always like seeing the guys or girls show up with a neat appearance.I wouldn't tell someone to leave but I still prefer the neat appearance no matter what job they are there to do.