Sign in to follow this  
huntercook

Water leaking out of pump

I used my pressure washer last week and it worked perfectly. I use it today and where the outlet is on the pump, right where the hose connects, its leaking water. When I turn the washer on it sprays water everywhere like its not sealing. I've used 3 different hoses with the same result. What would cause this?

It isn't sealing.

WHy don't you take some teflon tape and wrap it around the threads and see if it seals up that way? IF not there could be some corrosion that will not allow it to seal up. Just by happenstance, if you are connecting to a quick connect, then the oring could be bad.

Scott Stone

Is it leaking where you connect your supply hose or high pressure hose?

If its leaking where you connect the supply hose (garden hose) you might have lost the seal, or seal with built in filter that is supposed to be inside the hose inlet.

If its is the high pressure hose fitting, the only thing I can think of (even though you stated that you have tried three hoses) is that the QC are missing O-Rings.

If you got it from Lowe's or HD, they usually put their couplers, rather than the plug, on the pump. If this is the case, as previously stated, the o-ring is probably worn or gone. Therefore it won't matter how many different hoses you try, it'll still leak because the fittings are reversed.

If you got it from Lowe's or HD, they usually put their couplers on the pump rather than the plug. If this is the case, as previously stated, the o-ring is probably worn or gone. Therefore it won't matter how many different hoses you try, it'll still leak because the fittings are reversed.

Good call Don. I wasn't aware that the fittings on the package store machines where opposite. You learned me something new.

Also the knob used to turn the pressure up and down, I can't seem to turn it no matter how hard I try, is it supposed to be easy to turn?

The best way to control your pressure is to buy some more tips for the wand. Cranking the unloader back and forth wears out the spring and it also reduces your gpms every time you reduce the pressure.

Also the knob used to turn the pressure up and down, I can't seem to turn it no matter how hard I try, is it supposed to be easy to turn?

Tell us more about the machine, but I tend to agree with the others that the O-ring is blown.

Why are you cranking on the un-loader?

Dan.