Sign in to follow this  
JBenson

contract forms

I am new to the business. Do you all use carbonless copies for bids to avoid not getting paid. Right now i do not have any forms but planned on just invoicing my customers. if there is no signed agreement am i asking for trouble. I buy and remodel houses as a side gig and most of my work i hire out is given to me in the form of a computer printout with no signed copies of the price and the break down of what each portion cost. Do i need to have a signed paper for power washing

thank you in advance

I do have 1,000,000 in coverage. Do your contracts have copies so the customer can have one or do they just sign and you keep the contract? I imagine having copies is preffered and i will someday get them but i am trying to get going. thank you

Type up an agreement that u think suits your needs on word or whatever program you choose, have a place for the clients name, number, total job cost ect... at the bottom have a signature line .... office depot will print out carbonless copy pages that have a white front and a yellow reciept page they keep one you keep one after its sighned.... never NEVER start a job without getting a deposit i always get a 50% up front and 50% when completed. Though a sighned copy means a little....lets face it you have a 500 .00 job they dotn pay you, you have a contract with them what can you do??? take them to small claims court spend monthes most people say its not worht it. If you have a persons 50% at least your covered

office depot also sells actual carbon paper, so you might be able to print 2 copies of whatever, have them sign, and then you have a signed copy for yourself.

Kind of old fashioned but I still do alot of business that way.

or.... you can buy a bundle of blank carbonless work orders or invoices that have 2 or 3 copies that just tear away and you can hand write the info in them.

I have a painter friend that does it that way.