Sign in to follow this  
Steve Kiser

Surface Cleaner Question

I am fixing to buy my first surface cleaner, I know it is going to be a 20" whirl-a-way prob. but I am not sure on a floater or one with wheels. I have rented one with pnuematic tires and it was great. But I don't have the money for the high dollar one just yet. I was wondering how the hard plastic wheels held up on aggregate?? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.

I am fixing to buy my first surface cleaner, I know it is going to be a 20" whirl-a-way prob. but I am not sure on a floater or one with wheels. I have rented one with pnuematic tires and it was great. But I don't have the money for the high dollar one just yet. I was wondering how the hard plastic wheels held up on aggregate?? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.

If it's plastic casters like my hydrotech, the wheels are fine. The bearings that allow the wheels to swivel perpendicular to the concrete stay rusty. They get a show of WD-40 nearly 3x per week. I now have a 24" BigGuy and the hydrotech never gets used.