Sign in to follow this  
First Impressions

Dirty water

:think: Any Ideas why a 6month old hot water machine would be blowing out dirty water? This isn’t just on start up like a little rust from the coil. It can vary from yellow rust color to a black. You don’t see it while cleaning but had a pressure hose come loose the other day while switching out down streamer, and blew black dirty water all over the trailer.

I was wondering if it could be from the inside of the hoses, but the leak in the trailer was before any hoses. I also religiously check my oil in the pump and don’t seem to be losing any.

Any Ideas what it could be?

Thanks Dan.

Your coil is rusting from teh inside out. Are you using any chems in it, particularly acid? That will take the Zinc out of the inside of the coil and cause this problem. Also DI water will do it, just not as quickly. For what it is worth, theh yellow and black are both rust, it is just the black is a lot more concentrated rust.

Scott Stone

Are you running open, no wand or surface cleaner when you first start up? everyone on the planet has this problem, you should always clear the coil out before using when your machines sits over night.

you can also descale the coil, ask your dealer for the descale chemical and its very simple to do yourself. most techs charge around 50.00 to 80.00 if you dont want to try this yourself. six months seem short but maybe you have not been cooling her down before shutting off?