Sign in to follow this  
Jamie

Covering Concrete

Question

What do you use to cover concrete when staining a deck above it? I tried plastic but it still got through.Also is there something to get that stain up?

10 answers to this question

What do you use to cover concrete when staining a deck above it? I tried plastic but it still got through.Also is there something to get that stain up?

lay the plastic as normal, which is the safety barrier, then put a regular tarp on top of that to catch any drips and they will absorb into the canvas or whatever you choose, the plastic will be there "in case"..... the box stores sell tarps that are plastic on one side and absorbant on the other...I think sunbrite sells them too..... you can also soak the cement with water prior to sealing, any drips can be washed away with a hose, as long as you keep the cement really wet....(depending on what sealer your using that is)

Thanks Carlos :cool:

Nahhh my biz has been so so this year steady but nothing to write home about.

Hope ya'll get those fires put out in Cali and not too many homes get all burned up!

Good to see you otherwise. Business has been great this year. I am in my new home that we just bought...still unpacking though.

As far as the fires, they are down in Alan's neck of the woods.

Jamie, there are tarps that you can get from a reputable paint store that are butyl backed. They will not let anything penetrate through them. They last a long time also. Pricey, but you get more than your moneys worth. I got mine at MAB Paints, I think Sherwin Williams sells them too.

reed