Sign in to follow this  
JEAPAINT

What Nozzle size?

I plan on getting a 3600psi 4GPM unit. I have read that changing the nozzle size is better then adjusting the pressure on the machine. I found a nozzle chart on a website but not sure if I am reading it correctly.

The way I read it is that if I use a size 6.5 on a 3500psi 4gpm it would drop the psi to 1500. And if a size 11 is used it would drop it to 500. What psi and nozzle size would be good for house washing and decks?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

It depends on what kind of exterior you are trying to clean, brick, vinyl, wood, etc. In most cases, I rarely have to use more than 250 -500 psi. actually, with the exception of cleaning brick, I feel it's uneccasary to use more than that, if you're using your chems properly.

I find a 6510 to be the best all around nozzle for wood care and close proximity housewashing.

Would that be a 65 deg. 10 orafice? I didn't know they made that. I have only seen a 65 deg. soap nozzle.

Right now I am doing my research. Whenever I do something new I want to learn everything I can before doing anything. You will most likely be seeing lots of posts from me asking many questions. I learn rather quickly and absorb lots of info. I will mostly be doing res. house washing (which will include gutters, roofs, siding), patios, steps, walkways, decks, garage floors. I will eventually invest in a surface cleaner.

Doug

I use an 8020 nozzle for most of my house wash exteriors, and some times a 6515. I use a 9510 for rinsing concrete after cleaning with my surfacer. A soap tip comes in handy for rinsing the landscape during the application process.

I find a 6510 to be the best all around nozzle for wood care and close proximity housewashing.

Similarly, I am fond of a 40100 (aka 4010) for these tasks.

Similarly, I am fond of a 40100 (aka 4010) for these tasks.

4010 and 6510 are good for some exteriors, but I've found that its just to much pressure for most of the exteriors that I clean. Do you'll have any dryvit in your areas? It seems like 2 out of three houses I wash are dryvit. The borders around the windows and doors, and the decorative colums in the front (commonly found on these homes), are extremly fragile. You can practicly knock on it, as if you were knocking on a door, and potentially ding it or penetrate the very thin layer covering the foam.

Lance, that's why I go with the 65 degree. The pressure leaving the nozzle may be the same but the characteristics of the dispersion get you lower pressure at the same distance.

Every supply house Ive looked at only was 40's...... anybody know an internet place that stocks 65's.....like a 6510? be nice for those easy to clean decks and fences.....

Every supply house Ive looked at only was 40's...... anybody know an internet place that stocks 65's.....like a 6510? be nice for those easy to clean decks and fences.....

I get mine from a local supplier (Under Pressure Sales). They have just about any tip orriface and degree you can think of. The 9510 tip, which is one of my useful tips in my arsenol, is excellent for rinsing concrete, and, because of its wide fan, it can rinse exteriors twice as fast as a 40 degree. I use my 8020 and 6515 on most of the fragile surfaces.

I don't buy a lot of stuff from them because they are pretty expensive, but they have some things that I just can't find anywhere else.