Sign in to follow this  
mikew

Shelf Life of ESI Citralic Brightener/Neutralizer?

Question

10 answers to this question

Mike-

Citralic is stable in solution. As long as you keep it in a sealed container it should be fine for your next job.

HD-80 is also stable in solution and can be stored for use later.

EFC-38 contains a percarbonate and should be used within an hour of mixing.

Russell,

How long can you store a mixed container of HD-80 for?? I know Citralic is considered safer then Oxalic but would you consider it better.........

Mike-

Citralic is stable in solution. As long as you keep it in a sealed container it should be fine for your next job.

HD-80 is also stable in solution and can be stored for use later.

EFC-38 contains a percarbonate and should be used within an hour of mixing.

Thanks Russell!

Mike

I would like to add that the citralic if allowed to freeze will have some precipitation of the acid in the form of crystals and once thawed will need to be stirred in order to regain its concentration. This showed up in one of my sprayers over the winter.

It was still just as effective as the day I mixed it.

Rod~

I would like to add that the citralic if allowed to freeze will have some precipitation of the acid in the form of crystals and once thawed will need to be stirred in order to regain its concentration. This showed up in one of my sprayers over the winter.

It was still just as effective as the day I mixed it.

Rod~

Rod,

Do you leave the chems in your sprayers between uses?

Thanks,

Mike

The acids...Yes. Depressurized...and labeled as such.

The HD-80 we keep in seperate tighly closed containers with the HD-80 labels on them with the word "solution" on it for conformity to dot standards.

Beth

The HD-80 we keep in seperate tighly closed containers with the HD-80 labels on them with the word "solution" on it for conformity to dot standards.

Beth

Hi Beth,

Can you tell me more about the HD-80 labels? Did you take the label off the tub??

thanks,

Mike

With some of the humidity conditions we have around here, they sometimes come off easily, so I take advantage of it and just tape them to the containers or sprayers so that they are properly identified. We also keep an msds binder in the vehicles for reference.

Rod~

With some of the humidity conditions we have around here, they sometimes come off easily, so I take advantage of it and just tape them to the containers or sprayers so that they are properly identified. We also keep an msds binder in the vehicles for reference.

Rod~

Thanks Rod!

Mike

Beth

How long do your sprayers last? I would like to do this also if the sprayers still last without being rinsed after each use.

Mike