Sign in to follow this  
JBenson

Please Help

Question

I have to do my first job tomorrow and i cant figure out my ratio. I have 5gpm and a downstream injector that draws 1/2 gallon per minute. If i draw straight chems it would be 10:1 if i am not mistaken. Now here is my question, What do i mix my concentate at to acheive roughly 75:1. I have read and searched on here and have got a lot of good info but i can not figure this out for the life of me. Please help me. Thank you all in advance

7 answers to this question

I have to do my first job tomorrow and i cant figure out my ratio. I have 5gpm and a downstream injector that draws 1/2 gallon per minute. If i draw straight chems it would be 10:1 if i am not mistaken. Now here is my question, What do i mix my concentate at to acheive roughly 75:1. I have read and searched on here and have got a lot of good info but i can not figure this out for the life of me. Please help me. Thank you all in advance

I think this is what you are after:

7.5:1 chem mix-> then downstreamed at 10:1 -> would equal 75:1

Mike

WOW, thank your for the help. I was trying to figure this out and was about to mix my stuff at 65:1 so it would come out at 75:1 but i guess i was off by a hair....lol. I will be mixing in 5 gallon pails so i can atleast get it close. The supplier recommends 50:1 for real dirty trucks and 100:1 for a light wash. These trucks are new so i figure 75:1 will do. Thank you so much

I think this is what you are after:

7.5:1 chem mix-> then downstreamed at 10:1 -> would equal 75:1

Mike

That works for higher ratios. You need to do the math in steps when you get down to tight ratios like 1:2 & 1:3. Example:

12% bleach at 1:2 premix = 4% solution.

4% solution cut again 1:3 = 1.0% solution (4:33).

Simple algebra would have yielded 1:6 or a 1.7% solution which is about twice as strong as what you're actually getting.