Sign in to follow this  
sflasealcoating

oil....and tire marks

Question

theres been posts on tire marks that cant be gotten out.... just some info.....product from company called techniseal, skid mark/oil formula. Used it today on a paver driveway in which a neighbor had doen a line lock burnout across the entire 25 feet of pavers...2 tire marks 12 inches wide... took me about 10 minutes to clean up lol good stuff :)

13 answers to this question

Could you post some additional information on this company as well as maybe let us know what's in this stuff - we've had to leave "burnout" marks before (and were NOT pleased with having to do that!)

Celeste

www.techniseal.com look for the paint remover... removes tar, rubber, paint, ect..

i dotn know what chemicals are in it...i just use what works. Ive seen alot of people buy seperate chemicals according to what does what.... Im not a chemist, i have a warehouse and i have about 200 sq ft of pavers i do constant experiments with ill pore oil on them.... or do burnouts on them to see what chems i have that will get it out and i use what works :)

I am looking into cleaning houses and roofs. I would like some info on the process of cleaning and equipment that I might need. All help will be very helpful. thanks mark r.

I do have a pressure washer 16hp with hot water. I do a lot of comercial flat work but I have not done any residential well homes and roofs but my question is how do you apply the chems and whats the process after that with homes and roofs thanks for your help

I do have a pressure washer 16hp with hot water. I do a lot of comercial flat work but I have not done any residential well homes and roofs but my question is how do you apply the chems and whats the process after that with homes and roofs thanks for your help

Welcome to the bbs. Nice to see another So Cal person here.

Check out the search feature, and/or go to the residential threads to find plenty to keep you reading for a long time.

you answered your own questions, i burn them off. heat low pressure or high if i can. any chemical caustic based will work.

the only time you should need chemical and not a cautic based is when they have actually sealed the rubber under the sealent.

I will usally pass on getting these up, because if you dont use more cure the concrete will age where you have pressure cleaned and this if damaged that is not reversable.

Funny you mention the sealed over the rubber.... Ive had a few cases liek this... and in most the sealer actually helped in removal....the sealer bonded itself to the rbber left on the pavers and when stripped the rubber came up with it.

www.techniseal.com look for the paint remover... removes tar, rubber, paint, ect..

i dotn know what chemicals are in it...i just use what works. Ive seen alot of people buy seperate chemicals according to what does what.... Im not a chemist, i have a warehouse and i have about 200 sq ft of pavers i do constant experiments with ill pore oil on them.... or do burnouts on them to see what chems i have that will get it out and i use what works :)

Hi,

I was reading the Technical Data Sheet on this product. Looks interesting. Looks like you can apply, scrub, and rinse for small areas. Has this been your exerience? Then if you read on about treating large areas it recommends a pressure washing with 8GPM minimum for rinsing?? Are you running 8GPM? Did you have any problems rinsing?

Thanks,

Mike

Hi,

I was reading the Technical Data Sheet on this product. Looks interesting. Looks like you can apply, scrub, and rinse for small areas. Has this been your exerience? Then if you read on about treating large areas it recommends a pressure washing with 8GPM minimum for rinsing?? Are you running 8GPM? Did you have any problems rinsing?

Thanks,

Mike

well i have 2 trailers one with 13 hp 4.8 gpm 3500 psi and another 24 hp 8 gmp 3500 psi/..... and never ever had a problem washing it off with either machine, i dont know where they got that from........ the product is about the consistency of paver sealer thick liquid clear..... ill usually pore on spread it out with a hard bristle brush and let it sit for about 5-1 minutes then scrub.... then wash off with pressure. works great :) i get it here from a paver manufacturer paver systems in west palm florida.