Sign in to follow this  
shawn

heat from hose, burning grass?

Question

9 answers to this question

One neat idea I read is too buy some lengths of the black foam pipe insulation that is sold in three foot lengths at HD or Lowes.

Snap those over the hose to keep the hose from touching the glass.

OK...credit where due....it was Ron P's idea, and I think it's a good one!

I will be using Ron's idea on Thursday. I bought it in 6 foot lengths, for $1.28 each, at a local hardware store. Will be using 50 feet of the stuff, so hope it works, or I will be leaving the ugliest brown streak in town.

Just for info, I am not washing houses with hot water, this is for the Concrete and Flagstone in the back. They do not have a paved path, so the grass is the only choice.

What a wonderful idea! We use hot water on house washes. We've never had problems withthe hose getting that hot (variable thermostat) and I think Rod washes about the same temp as you use on dishes or laundry, or a hot shower.

Beth

Heat is a wonderful thing, but like I always say, it will get you in trouble faster....

Shawn, I am in the state and if I remember you are not to far away.... Call or e-mail, would love to talk shop.... I do this for everone, but it seems everyone feels threatned since I never had met a contractor, except one in my home town who has been in business for 20 plus years, He also helps me, with jobs and training....

Go figg...

Matt