Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

What size can works best for you?

What size containers work best for you?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. What size containers work best for you?

• 1 gallon can
    • 5 gallon pail
    • 30 gallon drum
    • 55 gallon drum

Question

Everyone works a little differently. Some of us have bigger rigs or enclosed trailers, some pickup trucks. Some of us have lots of storage space, some very little. In any event, it seems to have an effect on what we're able to buy.

What works best for you? Please vote (you can check off as many as you like) and share any thoughts in the thread.

Beth & Rod

14 answers to this question

I voted for the 1 and 5 gallon I like to be able to buy just a little more than I need. Say I have a deck that calls for 6 or 7 gallons of stain I would hate to have to buy 10 gallon because after a while the containers would start stacking up of left over stain. Just my thoughts anyhow.

Beth I got my stain Thursday and I stained that deck Friday I will post pics as soon as I have time to download them off my camera. The Wood Tux was very easy to work with.

I see you're clicking...please remember to vote. :) This feedback will go to Extreme Solution. So.... if you want products in other sizes, please vote. Even if you don't use the product, the feedback is helpful. Thanks.

robert...go to the top of the page and click on store....there is also a poll on what size containers you would like..also say what you want here aswell.....you don't say what size you would like.

beth...the store looks great....

I like 5 gallon pails for stain provided they have a built in pour spout. Seems logical, but some don't have that, instead they have about 20 metal tangs around the lid that have to be pried off, and beat back on when finished.

On some jobs, 1 gallon cans work better, like small upper level decks, especially if I'm working by myself.

Point is, they both have their place.

I like 5g with easy pour. However, the easy pours need to be improved. If i'm not going to use the entire 5gal then I have to tape up the hole I punched in the lid so that it pours freely.

Improved easy pour

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like 5g with easy pour. However, the easy pours need to be improved. If i'm not going to use the entire 5gal then I have to tape up the hole I punched in the lid so that it pours freely

Nathan,

Are pouring with the spout at the bottom of the can? If so, try rotating the can so that the spout is actually near the top of the can and pour slowly. This will allow air to enter the can through the spout and prevent that gurgle you get when pouring spout down. This methed may seem awkward at first, but with a little practice you will have less spills and splatters than before and you have not had to punch a vent hole in the can.

Len Sutton

Len's Home Services