Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Gutter Cleaning help

Herny and others. Henry after talking with you on another BBS, sometime ago, Ive started targeting and pushing gutter cleaning for all the property managers Ivedone work for. I have some very nice size gutter cleaning contracts now. Thanks

I have some questions. I quite often use an electrians fish to go down. down spouts to check if they are clogged, works real good

Question, I have run into several clogged downspouts and at times I have to dismantle them to get debris out. Is that the best way?

Question. I also run into underground tubing that runs off down spout. That also is clogged solid and there is nothing I can do or use to get through these under ground pipes. What if anything can I do. Other than digging them up??

Question. These gutters & downspout are of course bigger than residential gutters. Where can I purchase replacement parts, such as elbows or the black tubing the fits over the end of downspouts. Lowes & HD dont carry them and I called a local company, that does seemleess gutters and he wouldnt helpme. Any place you know of were I can purchase some of the things I would need commonly.

Anything else you can think of to help make it easier or how to market gutter cleaning would be great!!

Thanks again , these gutter contracts are some of the best repeat biz I have

The underground pipes can be cleaned out using a snake. Often the pipes are 3" pvc that carry the gutter flow out to the street. Snaking and then flushing with a garden hose usually does the trick

Herny and others. Henry after talking with you on another BBS, sometime ago, Ive started targeting and pushing gutter cleaning for all the property managers Ivedone work for. I have some very nice size gutter cleaning contracts now. Thanks

I have some questions. I quite often use an electrians fish to go down. down spouts to check if they are clogged, works real good

Question, I have run into several clogged downspouts and at times I have to dismantle them to get debris out. Is that the best way?

Use a running garden hose and push it down the spout from the top. Usually stuff will break loose and float up until it all finally just drops. If that fails, you can try a plumbers snake, heavy gauge wire or, just take it apart.

Question. I also run into underground tubing that runs off down spout. That also is clogged solid and there is nothing I can do or use to get through these under ground pipes. What if anything can I do. Other than digging them up??

You may be able to use a snake on a few of them but be very careful, a majority of them will be made from lightweight black plastic and a snake will cut right through them.

I bought a hydrojet system that I can run off of my rig and this has been the best thing for cleaning long underground downspout extensions and you can clear floor drains with them also for basement step drains.. These are cleaned as a seperate charge at 75-250 each.

Question. These gutters & downspout are of course bigger than residential gutters. Where can I purchase replacement parts, such as elbows or the black tubing the fits over the end of downspouts. Lowes & HD dont carry them and I called a local company, that does seemleess gutters and he wouldnt helpme. Any place you know of were I can purchase some of the things I would need commonly.

Just look for a local supply company or gutter installer that carries gutters and all, you should be able to find one somewhere close by.

The other guy that would'nt sell parts to you is a fool. Does he have any idea how many gutter installs and repairs you could refer to him? If not, I'd suggest bringing it up to him!

Anything else you can think of to help make it easier or how to market gutter cleaning would be great!!

I don't remember what I told you the last time we talked..lol Give me a call.

Thanks again , these gutter contracts are some of the best repeat biz I have

No problem let me know if there is anything else I can help you out with.

If you have access to the roof and safety is taken into consideration we often blow out the downspouts with a 0 degree tip. It is quick and fast and usually does the trick.

Thanks Henry & Carlos. Henry whats the Hydrojet? All the underground are the cheaper black plastic tubing. Id like to be able to offer to clear them, when i cant clear them , its like Im not doing my job and it would be a great ad on money wise. Thanks!