Sign in to follow this  
steve r

seal max

Question

7 answers to this question

No science to back up their claims. No history to back up their claims. Absolutely no UV protection. Every consumer I talked to has regretted using it. Lousy customer support peddled by some gypsy contractors. Unfortunately some legitimate contractors have gotten sucked into the hype and are offering this as well. Most guys that use it are getting $6-$8 per s/f. Someone posted a picture on here..not sure whom to give the credit but here is a deck treated with this type of product after one year.

supersealed2004.jpg

I seen some of it .and it didnt impress me .it looked lilke shotty work any how.a customer wanted me to strip her deck of this stuff .when i gave her the price .she wasnt happy .but she ended up calling me back to do for the price as per agreed.it wasnt cheap thats all ill say .

I have good luck with hd 80 on decks .and some times severe strip .but severe strip is last resort

IVE NEVER STRIPED A SEAL MAX DECK THIS WILL BE THE FIRST .i talked to a buddy that has striped that their silicone .he used severe strip.said it was a long process.dont know why people use this stuff?

Anytime I stripped a deck with sillycone in it. I let sit for a year after stripping. Although it looked like the finish was gone it still beaded water. !
There is only so much ya can do to strip silly .Its bad st

uff.wouldnt recomend to anyone.ill never do one again .it still hold water .seems like cant get it all off. its cheaper to replace the wood

As a general rule, the best tool to remove silicone from wood is an accelerant and a strategically placed match.

*** Public Disclaimer: Post intended in jest, but with a fair element of truth...If you are foolish enought to attempt burn down your place as a result of this post, the limited enforceability of Darwinism has my hands tied, and I can neither help you nor be responsible for your existance in the gene pool. ***