Sign in to follow this  
ParadiseProWash

Wood Tux on a neglected deck

Question

I am going to post some pictures of a deck I did last Friday. The deck is about 10 yrs old and was made of (get this) non pressure treated wood (thats right) regular pine and it had Thomsons put on it when it was first build. I was kind of scared to walk on the thing but they insisted that they wanted the job done. The deck was stripped with Roof Magic and Brightened with Citriclic Acid then sealed with Wood Tux Warm Honey Gold. I was not pleased with the way it turned out but Im not use to dealing with this bad of neglected wood. I dont think it would have made any difference what I put on it I dont think I would be happy with it. I did her mothers swing and it turned out great so here are the pics for your viewing pleasure(LOL):D

9 answers to this question

I think they should have torn it down and rebuilt it because when I walked on it you could feel the boards giving way to much. The deck was 522 sq ft and I applied 5 gallons of the wood tux to it I think it was a lost cause.

Here is the swing I did for her mother I think it looks pretty good.

There are always times when we don't feel that something turned out as good as we hoped it would. That's the nature of wood man.

As long as the homeowner was happy, that's the main thing.

Your right guys we are not magicians and the customers were very happy. I washed the house, and all concrete and did her deck plus I washed her dads house next door and did all the concrete and I washed her dads rental house and all the concrete plus I washed her moms flower house so I made good money off these people. I just hate neglected wood I like to see the wood look its best as Im sure most of us do. I think they will replace the deck in a couple of yrs she told me that they hardly ever use it because of its condition but wanted it to look better for when people came over. Her dad paid for everything and is a multi millionaire. He has been farming for over 30 yrs and made his money selling real estate off the road frontage and hilly land and still ownes over 5000 acres.:D