Sign in to follow this  
Don M.

What to do on the roof?

Question

There was a section of 2nd story vinyl above the garage that I did this weekend. I handed my helper the wand with the xjet on it with the my container being on the ground. The chemical went all the way up the line except for the last 5 ft. We wound up mixing some 12% in a spray bottle and sprayed it on.

Does that problem have a remedy? I could see the same problem putting a x jet on a extension wand.

Thanks

6 answers to this question

It will happen everytime, Id put a little mix in a 5 and put at the top of ladder and then Xjet, It cant draw at certain heights

If its on an extension you aim it down the bring it up as chem starts coming out, it a PITA, and your wasting a little chem, but its just something you have to work at or use chem injector and you wont have that problem

That's one of the only problems I have with my m-5 vs. when I used to downstream. When I come across parts of the exterior that are in excessable from the ground, I use my pump up sprayer to apply the chem and then rinse as usual. It's usually not too big of a deal because the frequency, and size, of these areas (like the back side of a chimney), are small enough that using a pump up is an easy solution. There has been a few occasions where I will break out the downstreamer for structures that have many inexcessable areas.

Drop the xjet below that 5ft point and let it prime. Once it has primed, raise it back to working position. Should be fine if you're only short 5ft.

Keep in mind there will always be some height above which the xjet will not draw. If it will maintain an established prime with an open trigger, you have exceeded the x-jets draw height. Either raise the chems, lower the xjet, or pump the chems to the xjet.

There was a section of 2nd story vinyl above the garage that I did this weekend. I handed my helper the wand with the xjet on it with the my container being on the ground. The chemical went all the way up the line except for the last 5 ft. We wound up mixing some 12% in a spray bottle and sprayed it on.

Does that problem have a remedy? I could see the same problem putting a x jet on a extension wand.

Thanks

I Have a hose reel with 200 feet of X-jet hose and a sure flow pump... I can pull the hose line from the trailer and pump chems up to the M-5 nozzle on the end of my 32 foot coress wand. I can soap and rince at 50 feet. I have a 1.8 gpm pump... It works great

About the best you can expect under good conditions with a draw-only system is about a 32 foot vertical rise. Factor in your hose length, number of turns, and any pressure drop you may encounter at the nozzle and the final number can be much less. Also, the closer you get to that 32 ft. value in height the less flow you will get. If you were going to consistently be working at heights above 10 - 15 ft (wand height from your chem source) with hose lengths over about 50 ft I would invest in a shurflo setup to supplement or replace your Xjet as it will save you lots of time.

I Have a hose reel with 200 feet of X-jet hose and a sure flow pump... I can pull the hose line from the trailer and pump chems up to the M-5 nozzle on the end of my 32 foot coress wand. I can soap and rince at 50 feet. I have a 1.8 gpm pump... It works great

Hi Matthew,

Do you know if your Shurflo cycles on and off while you are spraying chems thru the xjet? I've considered doing something like this as well but am concerned about early pump failure.

Thanks,

Mike