Sign in to follow this  
sflasealcoating

new to wood cleaning

Question

hello all,

I have been a member of this site for a while. I own South Florida seal coating, we specialize in concrete paver and concrete cleaning and sealing. Unfortunately i know very little about cleaning wood, but am thinking about adding that to our services. I know many people have many diff products that they use, but for a generalized cleaning of old wood w / mildew/mold, what is the best to use.... bleach?? chlorine?? ive seen a few posts about 12% bleach blend with water? I know these may all sound like newby questions but well, when it comes to wood i guess i am lol.

Thank you for any info,

COdy

7 answers to this question

If you want to call me i'll help you answer any questions you might have.

Yes i do use belach and IT an be used safe and effective just as any other product/s out there.Call me and i'll share some how toos that can help you get started..:cool:

If you want to call me i'll help you answer any questions you might have.

Yes i do use belach and IT an be used safe and effective just as any other product/s out there.Call me and i'll share some how toos that can help you get started..:cool:

"Ditto" to what Shane said...............

Using Bleach to remove mold and mildew is always the best idea and Spraying a Sufficient Amount of Sporicidin or Microban will protect any Mildew and Mold Affected Areas. Make Sure You have to Read First the Directions of Applying and Have an MSDS Form to Accompany it.

Using Bleach to remove mold and mildew is always the best idea and Spraying a Sufficient Amount of Sporicidin or Microban will protect any Mildew and Mold Affected Areas. Make Sure You have to Read First the Directions of Applying and Have an MSDS Form to Accompany it.

I dont think you have read the topic in which bleach use it queried...

Many Wood Restoration companies are adverse to its use and others use it quite to the contrary.

Your response sounds like one referring to indoor situations...am I correct?

Rod~