Sign in to follow this  
Craig

New website

In my opinion, not very good, unless it is temporary. My take--I've seen pics you've posted of your equipment/operation, and it looks classy, professional. You are in an upscale market. You perform a high-end service, especially considering the concrete staining.

For where it appears to me you are positioning yourself in your market and your service, you've swung and missed.

Reasons:

1) You desparately need a logo, you have a great biz name, I'll already picturing all kinds of stuff. Remember Jon the Deaf guy/Oasis Pressure Washing?? Look to his logo to brainstorm.

2) No borders/shading/font usage/.

3) Needs some interesting reading/quips/tips.

4) Give a personal touch, moreso than a face shot of you. A pic with your guys all dirty standing next to a beautifully stained driveway, with big, proud smiles on their faces?? Photos of your nice, clean equipment??

5) One good thing: I like the way the perimeter stays no matter what you click on, i.e. your photo, contact info on one side, the menu of clicks on the other.

I think you should fork out a few bucks on a good site and logo to define yourself. If you don't wanna drop the cash right now, go ahead and get lined up with a designer, and pay them a smaller fee just for a logo and a teaser page with the contact info. I hope you take all I've said as constructive, the way it was meant. Also remember, it is just my opinion, and if 100 others respond and say it is the best site they've ever seen, I'd ignore my post. Good luck with things,

Jon-

Thanks for the tips. You are right on too- I have someone working on a logo as we speak and should have something nice by the middle of this week.

The site just started going up yesterday so we have a little tweaking to do. I took shots of the guys today and will have "the crew" up soon. Builds a sense of accomplishment for them and will love to see themselves on the site!

If there's anything else you'd consider changing, let me know.

And for everyone else posting I don't want to hear anything good. If you don't say it's bad then I'll just take it as being OK! :^)

change your reference of cement to concrete. add some more of your pics. i have seen some of yours that are much better than what you have posted.

on the sections where you have a small paragraph over top of the guy washing it is harder to read than the other areas that are solid.

Otherwise I think you are on the right track. We all know Rome was not built overnight.