Sign in to follow this  
jgoral76

msds

where can I get msds sheets from. like on bleach and other chemicals. also has anyone subcontracted for another company I'm gonna try it see how pans out.
you can get msds sheets where you buy the chemicals .by law they have to have them in some states

:lgbugeyes MSDS sheets are required in all states. All manufacturers are required to provide them on demand. Any common item you can buy in the store (Clorox bleach for example), you can get an MSDS sheet on. There are resources online as well. We encourage everyone, to make a list of the products they use, to search for the MSDS sheets, print them, and place them in binders of all vehicles and keep an office copy.

Beth

I am just a newbie here getting started in the biz, but having MSDS on your chems is a very good idea. I am a former law enforcement officer that was Haz-Mat trained to assist our Fire Dept, should there be an "accident". I have created labels and placards for my 5 gallon jugs, and sprayers that I will be keeping my compounds in. I have also started a notebook with MSDS on all products I plan to carry in my vehicle and trailer. Should (Heaven Forbid) any of us get into a vehicle crash or have a spill, the emergency crews should know what is on your rig, to make things easier and faster for containment and cleanup.

Another good source of info is the manual published every 2 years by the DOT. It is called the Emergency Response Guide and has a listing of most known chemicals, their placard numbers, reactivity, etc. It is a free download in PDF(Acrobat format) here: http://hazmat.dot.gov/pubs/erg/erg2004.pdf

Also, y'all should have an A-B-C Fire Extinguisher and a bag of plain clay kitty litter on your rig, to be safe. The kitty litter is very safe to clean up gas, diesel and other chems that may spill. Fire Extinguisher is self explanatory.

For What it is Worth,

Dave

Is anyone making there on solutions of Sodium Hydroxide from NaOH beads?

If my math is correct, it is possible to make a 10.4% solutions from a 50# bag of beads in a 55 gal drum.