Sign in to follow this  
racechaser

Welcome Home Beth & Rod!!!!!

Question

I'm glad you made it home OK. I had a good time, I just wish I could have shown you around more than I was able to.

I fixed my brake line yesterday. It only cost about $6.00. I just bent the new tubing and put a compression fitting further down the line to join the two together. The old line was way too smashed to just cut out and put the fitting on.

It will be a long time before I can enjoy bbq and not be scared when I see a pit.

Thanks for the lunch and I'll try to get some more pics to you from the breach. I just need to find the disc.

Hope your time here was nice for ya'll.

Hope to see you soon!!

Scott

5 answers to this question

Hi Scott,

We thoroughly enjoyed spending the afternoon with you when we were down there. Thank you for the tour, and the company. Some of the Katrina sights...they leave you thankful for many things....many many things. When I get a chance I'll upload some photos so others will see what we saw. Saying there's immeasurable work to be done doesn't even touch it.

It's always fun visiting family, even if all you do is kick back and relax, which we did. (and ate way too much wonderful food)

Beth

Hi Scott,

I got them. All I can say is...wow. I'll post them in a while.

Anyone who is thinking of Katrina work....

If you have roofing skills, carpentry, drywall, that's what's needed. There is a ton of work unrelated to power washing. Plumbers, electricians....all the basic building trades.

Scott does that pretty much sum it up?

Beth

I was in Ms. just last month and I could not believe how much reconstruction is needed. I have been saying this for a few months now, that it will be a while before that area is ready for any PW work. I think there will still be opportunities for PW's to get in there even towards the end of next season.

There is just sooooo much that needs to be done before they even think about "curb appeal".

Hope everyone has a great New Year, and thanks alot to everyone for their help along the way.

I've got more pics, I'm gonna send a few a day.

Yeah I've said the same thing since I first laid eyes on the devastation.It will be a long time before extensive washing is needed.I really think the recovery will be so slow you'll never even notice it being done. It will never be the huge scale of work that everyone outside of the area thinks it will be.

The pics will speak for themselves.Four months later and little work has been done in the city itself to rebuild.

I really think everyone kinda thought I was wanting to keep outsiders away and hog it all to ourselves. I've shown Jesse Kirchoff around and even helped him find a hotel room.A major find around here.He pretty much couldn't believe the massive devastation.It is like crossing a border from suburbia to Thunderdome.

Though they were only on vacation I showed Beth & Rod around also.I welcome anyone to work here.There is just not massive washing being done.You cannot imagine the devastation in the flooded parts of the city. You will see the pics and think to yourself that it has been for months. Long enough that some of the country is already forgetting us.

Can't wait till you start the thread with the pics.If you don't maybe I will figure the resizing out.

Scott