Sign in to follow this  
Limeade

Best way to apply stripper?

Question

How do you guys do it?

I know this may be a really dumb question but I am trying to do everything right not become scrub. Can you use a pump spraye to apply stripper? I know you can spray on brightener, but I've never heard of stripper being applied this way.

45 answers to this question

Man Jon, you're beating the moths out of the closet.... Yes, her name was Barbara Sivells, and she was on the BOD for PWNA till their company went out of business. She went off the BOD the season before I went on. I had not heard they sold the design to Wolman. I have not seen it carried by them...bet it got discontinued. (hope it didn't) Hey do you have a photo of it? Thought it would be fun to see if you can scare one up, since we are on memory lane!

Beth

Here's a pic of a deck that I did last summer. I downstreamed the brightener on half of the deck to show the difference between brightening and not brightening. As you can see, the injectable chems are strong enough and do work well.

post-1482-137772151971_thumb.jpg

That looks good Jarrod nice job..:cool:

Where's the after stained pic?

That looks like a cedar deck?....Do you get that same reaction downstreaming your chems on PT deck?

Thanks Shane. Yes it is cedar. I'll post the after deck tomorrow. On PT the reaction is a little bit slower and a little bit less "bright," but still very effective.

BTW, this pic was taken about 1 -2 minutes after I sprayed on the brightener.

I've made many more homemade, but have never gone to the necessary work to put on a battery box, figure out how to (stabley) mount a bucket, protect wires, keep it bottom-heavy, etc.

I bolted a piece of 3/4 plywood onto the back of a handtruck and placed a low shelf for the battery and the shurflow mounted up top. I can use it with anything I can handtruck up to 55 gal (not practical). Realistically, 5 & 15's are easy and I use 15's of bleach for roofs regularly.

In the 2nd incarnation, I put hooks on the board and I can use it with almost any hand truck. And, it hangs on my wall when not in use.

I use x-jet to apply stripper and acid,pump ups are history but make a good back up.I have went through a 100 of them,no more wasting my money.

Shurflo set up i bought from Sunbrite,fell apart very fast and had problems since day 1.I just make my own now.

Johny

Johny

I use both shur flo and also I use a back pack sprayer on some occassions. It is just as quick and you can keep constant pressure. I really dont have a preference between the two but for a larger job the back gets soar using the pack.

Jonathan Chiplock

The Pressure's ON

Butler, PA

Hey Rod, why dont you use the deckster to apply the brightner? I just want to make sure that I am not doing something wrong because I use it to apply both.

Hey Rod, why dont you use the deckster to apply the brightner? I just want to make sure that I am not doing something wrong because I use it to apply both.
Its okay to use for brightner .just make sure it gets a good cleaning after.the caustics willtear up the seals if not cleaned

I also downstrean all my chems. Once you figure out the ratios, it works like a charm! I use a %20 adj draw and adjust accordingly! I can get alot more product on the surface quicker. Around edges and the house, I use a splash guard.