Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Sub contracting

I have a concrete/landscaping company who wants to possibly sub a condo complex job to me its 20+ buildings, his son has done it the past couple years and is no longer in the PW biz. Ive never done sub work for anyone before.

The company is a local company and Ive seen him around, but thats all I know of him. What precautions should I take with a company/person I know little about, how should i write up a proposal/contract to insure I get paid & paid within a timely manner

Thanks for any help on this, unless its an PM or HOA, I'm not very trusting and i want to make sure I dont get burnt

JL

If it were me id want to have total control of the job .and have moneys sent to me and at that point give him his cut .if this is not pssible draw up a contract for the sub wrk on your behalf ,and get him to sign along with the management conpany for the complex.then go to a notary and have stamped .its a lot of mney your talking about.my 2 cents worth.

First thing I'd be looking at is what they (the landscaping company) has bid for the pw'ing work. It may be that what your charge would be is already far over what they're accustomed to getting. After you've settled on the price, find out how they have generally gotten paid, ie, the condos pay him net 30, so you would expect to be paid by him at the same time. The one drawback to having him pay you that immediately jumps out at me is that you won't be positioned to place a mechanicsman/materialsman lien on the property since your contract with with another contractor.

Celeste