Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

Tax Issues

I ( & my cpa) have finished my taxes for '05 and show a 65% profit over expense for the year. I feel good about that as this is only the close of my 2nd year in business. My profits are nowhere near the %'s of the larger firms on this site.

But I can attribute my earnings and practices in part to alot of the feedback and info. and instruction some of you have given me this past year. Also my % is up from last year by 20% (if that makes sense at all). So my little boat is still afloat. I have added more accounts with regular service, and am expanding on the services I offer. Winter is nowhere near being over yet, and business has slowed substantially. That's all part of the biz, I know, but , I have yet to move lateral or backwards back into the blue collar environment.

I really enjoy the challenges and enjoy even moreso not working for "The Man". Not quit sure what I will have to pay the "man"yet as my cpa has not done the totals yet. But the best advice I can offer to anyone (from my experience so far) is to save all reciepts even if it is toilet paper to cases of bottled water and Gatorade. Save it all!!! If you are small like my firm is then it will benefit you to do your documentation daily. Makes for less of a hassle at the end of the year. Maybe next year I can boast some better %'s, but this is the best I can do right now with what I have. Just wanted to share and thank everyone who helped me along the way. And thanks to the administators of this great site. I'd still be climbing 30 ft ladders with a 12ft extension wand if it weren't for you all. Did I mention I love my X-Jet?

Thanks Ken for your help along the way as well.

You got it..... advertise like a madman and recycle the profits in more advertising. It's kind of a cool feeling to be "swamped" with a backlog of work like I had this Summer. Where is it now lol? My goal is to not lose any jobs at all next Summer but to learn to schedule better in advance so I don't lose any customers. In other words try and not be lead around on a nosering by the customers schedule, but meet somewhere in the middle to satisfy both of our schedules. I do have a helicopter account that I was thinking about having the owner drop a bunch of fliers over one of these big time georgia sporting events they have all the time down here. Brings a whole new meaning to distributing fliers.

Thanks again.