Sign in to follow this  
steffysmom

How long before you went FT as a PW'er ?

For those of you who started pressure washing part-time, how long did it take you before you had enough business to go full-time ?

We are acquiring a PW business that was strictly part-time--last summer was our first attempt to make this business FT--we did pretty well considering the name wasn't out there and advertising in the past was at a minimum.

Just curious !

I started in MB in 2000 parttime, first year I didnt even know if I wanted to do this fulltime. By late 2001 I started going for more work and was thinking I could make a living at this. 2002 I told my wife I would be trying to build the biz to eventually go full time by 2006. I worked full time nights and Pw'd days. 2003 started getting alot of residential and some commercial . I went nut targetting PM in 2003 and by 2004 landed some big condo jobs for 2004. I couldnt do these jobs with out quiting my night job so in March of 2004 I went fulltime, it was scary, I wasnt sure if I would get the work to support myself, but I worked very hard of targetting residential & commercial and I still do sales & targetting endlessly and all has worked out great. But if you want to go fulltime, you have to put alot of effort into it to just get the work.

My goal was to go fulltime in 2006 and I was lucky to reach my goal much earlier and Im not looking back and going full steam ahead and its fun

JL

I just went full time last year after 6 yrs of part time. If it was not for health insurance I would have done it sooner. ALWAYS remember your customers pay the bills !! You take care of them and they will take care of you.

We started part time in September of 03....by late March of '04 the decision was getting easier to think about and in April of '04 it was a done deal. We've never looked back or regretted the decision and now 2006 is looking like it's going to be a banner year!

Celeste