Sign in to follow this  
John T

gutterfilter--thumbs down!!!!!

Question

If you like on my website at www.cleancounty.com you can see a video on the gutterfilter...I've spent about $5000 advertising this stuff until July of 06 and then I'm going to drop it faster then I can say the word drop.

Gutterfilter for me has been a total disapointment!! People here won't pay for $8 linear foot for this stuff and that includes installation..I don't get it for no bargain from my distributer either ($4.25 lin') and now I'm finding out that the company GUTTERFILTERtm will sell there product to others for around $4.50 and that includes shipping.

I can't wait to have my advertising for this product expire!!

9 answers to this question

Roger and I met with those guys down here. I was impressed with the product but not the price or much else. I have not done anything with them since our meeting back when. And also like you I dont even push the product anymore.

John,

Just a thought, but may not be worth the hassel! If the conscept is good then it's a possiblity....

Have you researched getting open cell foam from the manufacturer? there are literally hundreds of mom & pop extrusion companies all over.

I saw your website and I did some work with a company a few years ago testing and manufacturing open cell foam.

It should be a lot less expensive, even McMaster Carr has it in bulk.

A hot knife and a jig for production cutting and your good to go

I was impressed by the product and I let my local Distributer talk me into selling it...Next thing I know after I already paid the Yellow Pages to advertise this product my local Distributer gets nailed for advertising without a license....what a headache and what an expensive lesson learned.

Hey John....Look on the bright side. After initial installation and they have been there a couple of years they will be full of organic material. You could resale them at HD or local plant shop/florist for planters $$$.

OK OK Well, not really that funny. but hate you go stung. Sometimes we don't know until we try. If we never venture to try, we would still be in the dark

I sold leaffilter and it worked great but The Distributor was a bit of a problem. I sold leaffilter for 12-18 a linear foot. Leaffilter was expensive to buy from the manufacture also. Now I started selling invisiguard, it's much more affordable and I sell install prices about 8-10 a linear. foot. I also hold the rights to the south east of Virginia. Works well but harder to install than leaffilter. Call me if your interested I can explain more about the products out there and why I install invisiguard. I'm a gutter protection nerd. Office 757-246-1102

Dan.