Sign in to follow this  
markhop

Got answers? I need 'em.

Question

I would like to know how to clean roofs. I have done a few houses and have decided to make a business out of it. I would like to include roofs in my services. How do I apply chem. , should I use x-jet, what is down streaming, what GPM is minimum for rinsing, how do I price a high pitch vs. a low pitch roof, do I rinse with a pitch witch or what???? Please help! Where is a good place to get waterproof clothes? Any other info you may think I can benefit from I would appreciate it.

you can email me at: markandteriplus4@wmconnect.com

5 answers to this question

Hi Mark,

Per our phone conversation, here is a link to a suitable ShurFlo unit. Some prefer to go with a lower gpm unit also.

It was good talking with you and feel free to give me a call anytime.

Good Luck!

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=6970&productId=527&R=527

Where is a good place to get waterproof clothes?

Don't worry about the waterproof clothes. Using the right tips, the right chems, and the right techniques will all work towards keeping you dry. I used to have the same concern...I'd wash a house and walk away completely drenched from the top of my head to my socks....Now the only time I get wet at all is if I have a lot of overhead work (such as the inside of a customers entryway or open porch) or if I'm doing something that requires more pressure like a brick wall.

Don't worry about the waterproof clothes. Using the right tips, the right chems, and the right techniques will all work towards keeping you dry. I used to have the same concern...I'd wash a house and walk away completely drenched from the top of my head to my socks....Now the only time I get wet at all is if I have a lot of overhead work (such as the inside of a customers entryway or open porch) or if I'm doing something that requires more pressure like a brick wall.

You'll have to teach me that because I still get soaked on most house washes. There's always an overhead porch, or crevices under the eaves or gutters that can't be reached without getting underneath them, and if that doesn't do it, murphy's law will always make sure the wind is blowing towards me when cleaning. I've actually changed directions while cleaning and the wind miraculously changes direction as well (I hate when that happens).