Sign in to follow this  
rservices

insurance

brief history

I run a handyman company, mostly restaurants, some retail, and on a rare occasion residential (home owners tend to have unrealistic expectations)

I've been PW for about 3 years all flat work, I am considering going more in to PW to increase my company.

I carry general liablity insurance for my company 1 mil. about 800.00 per year, I asked my insuance company about insurance for PW on a larger scale and they said they wouldnt write a policy. they had no problem with me doing sidewalks, and dumpster pads but thats it.

Currently using a 2700 psi portable, I'm leaning to a hot 4000 psi 5.5 gpm

Question

Whats a fair price (I'm in wisc so my work is seasonal)

should I let my fingers do the walking or is their some one you could recomend.

Joe Walters Insurance has quoted us very fair prices. He specializes in insurance for pressure washing and handles all states.

Celeste

I 2nd what Celese said. I got my insurance through Joe Walters without any problem.

Mike

My liability insurance is with American Vehicle Insurance Company. My policy covers flatwork, exteriors up to 3 stories and roof cleaning. 1M, 2M agg. I pay around $850 a year.

brief history

I run a handyman company, mostly restaurants, some retail, and on a rare occasion residential (home owners tend to have unrealistic expectations)

I've been PW for about 3 years all flat work, I am considering going more in to PW to increase my company.

I carry general liablity insurance for my company 1 mil. about 800.00 per year, I asked my insuance company about insurance for PW on a larger scale and they said they wouldnt write a policy. they had no problem with me doing sidewalks, and dumpster pads but thats it.

Currently using a 2700 psi portable, I'm leaning to a hot 4000 psi 5.5 gpm

Question

Whats a fair price (I'm in wisc so my work is seasonal)

should I let my fingers do the walking or is their some one you could recomend.

Rservices You present insurance company wont even write a new policy for pressure washing. Did you ask why? I'd figure any insurance company that writes Gen Liabilty would/could/should be able to cover pressure washing.

Whats their reason, I figure if the work you do now is covered as a handy man in restaurants & retail you probably deal with electric plumbing etc. I would think thats more of a risk than spraying water.

Just wondering

My policy was about $750 a couple years ago but now they are baseing it on my payroll also so its up around $1400

Id look around & shop for price, I would think you shouldnt have a problem getting GL

Good luck

JL

Does anyone have experience with National Grange Ins ?

I have had my insurance with them to include (1)vehicle and GL ran about 2K last year.

I have gotten quotes for worker's comp that run about 11% of payroll.

Does that seem about norm...???

I was paying $500 for PW insurance (1 million with a $1000 ded) was about to reup for 2006 & heard about (care custody & control). So I called my agent (Virginia Mutual). He advised the house I was cleaning is not covered for the wash & if I broke a window that would not be covered. The damage to the interior would be covered???

I called State Farm they will not write PW. I called Walters & they gave me a price of $757 with a $500 ded. but only 1/2 a million. I figured even if the house caught on fire I should be ok land does not burn. They will cover the house I.m working on & I can get a million fo around $1000.

What I had last year was worth nothing if I was responsible for the home I was working on. Check you policy...

Jeff........ Thanks for the information the other day.

I renewed in Dec. and went from $1million/$1million to $2/$2 for $950. It is with Lords Of London. I can't remember who it was with but the highest the previous company would write was $1million. I told my insurance broker I wanted to go to $2 million and he wrote it. Less than a couple hours turn around on certificates to customers. I fax a request and they send it very promptly.

I pay $950/yr previously $750

I renewed in Dec. and went from $1million/$1million to $2/$2 for $950. It is with Lords Of London. I can't remember who it was with but the highest the previous company would write was $1million. I told my insurance broker I wanted to go to $2 million and he wrote it. Less than a couple hours turn around on certificates to customers. I fax a request and they send it very promptly.

I pay $950/yr previously $750

Jim was that with Larry LW Short?