Sign in to follow this  
Don M.

Draw rates

Question

I did a search on this but couldnt find an answer.

I xjet gutter shock on with my machine (3gpm). What should the mix be for GS. I was told 50/50 but that is too weak.

If i used it uncut (I'll practice on my own gutters first), what kind of ratio would I have when it came out of the M5?

Thanks

13 answers to this question

Don,

From what I've read on the BBS, the following is the best way to figure your final ratio:

Get two buckets;

Fill bucket 1 with a known quantity of water. Insert M5 draw tube, run power washer into much larger bucket (2) until bucket 1 is empty.

Measure the quantity in bucket 2 and with a little math you can calculate the final ratio for your machine.

Matt

Here is another source for info:

http://store.yahoo.com/sunbrite/howawix.html

I did a search on this but couldnt find an answer.

I xjet gutter shock on with my machine (3gpm). What should the mix be for GS. I was told 50/50 but that is too weak.

If i used it uncut (I'll practice on my own gutters first), what kind of ratio would I have when it came out of the M5?

Thanks

According to the Xjet draw chart, it draws at 2.5gpm, regardless of your machine's gpm (assuming that you have the right Xjet for your machine). Whether that's totally accurate under all conditions, I don't know. If it is, you will have 45% Gutter Shock hitting the gutters. That's about right in my experience.

go to www.rowlettpressure.com and you can print the chart that will give you your exact draw rate based on psi and gpm. I am sure you could get it from www.xterior.com also. Let me know, if need be i can fax or email it to you

What the chart gives you is the ratio of water to chem. If you calculate the draw rate from those charts, you'll see that the draw rate is 2.5gpm, regardless

that is what he was asking Mike, what will his ratio be with his specific machine, that is what the chart tells. Unless i am missing something from his question. If you use the M5 with no proportioner using a 3gpm machine your ration will be 1.2 gallons water to 1 gallon of soap. Hope this helps

that is what he was asking Mike, what will his ratio be with his specific machine, that is what the chart tells. Unless i am missing something from his question. If you use the M5 with no proportioner using a 3gpm machine your ration will be 1.2 gallons water to 1 gallon of soap. Hope this helps

Right, or 3 gallons of water to 2.5 gallons of soap/chlorine/whatever. That's what I said! My point is that rather than having to reference the charts every time, it makes it much simpler once you realize that the consistent draw rate of the Xjet is 2.5gp. Once you know that, you can figure your concentration easily without the chart.

Let me see if I am understanding this,

If I use Gutter Shock full strength and xjet it then I will roughly be at 50% GS and 50% water. Is that right?

Mike, thank you SO MUCH for your clarification!!

For a year now I have been battleing this product and being told to cut it 50-50 and xjet it. So then I was getting about 20-25% chems if I am doing the math right.

I really appreciate your help on this

Mike, thank you SO MUCH for your clarification!!

For a year now I have been battleing this product and being told to cut it 50-50 and xjet it. So then I was getting about 20-25% chems if I am doing the math right.

I really appreciate your help on this

Just be careful with your strengths! I'd rather have to brush a bit harder to get them clean than have to come back tomorrow to spray paint the gutters where I took the paint off!

I mix 50/50 in a pump sprayer, spray it on the gutters AFTER I've downstreamed the housewash mix, and then rinse. That usually does the trick, but on cheaper gutters, gutters that have been painted, or on cheaper fascia wrap, it is easy to take the paint off even without brushing. I've found Xjetting takes too long (whether you're downstreaming or Xjetting housewash), and wastes way too much chem, and at $50.00 or so for 5 gallons, I want to stretch that stuff as far as I can.

My method isn't efficient for 2nd story or higher gutters, but 99% of what I do is single story ranch style houses.