Sign in to follow this  
bforbis

Next Deck and Fence Project

Question

Here is the next decka nd fence project. There is about 345 lf of 5' fence that has not ever been sealed or coated and the deck has an acrylic, something orother on it applied by the homeonwer a few years back.

The lattace work is the thicker type and is in relatively good condition except for stain. The steps are covered with indoor/outdoor carpet, yikes and liquid nails!!! Not sure best method for removing and addressing that.

[ATTACH]3732[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3733[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3734[/ATTACH]

Hope the pic post OK, I have trouble getting pics on here

post-1486-137772152221_thumb.jpg

post-1486-137772152226_thumb.jpg

post-1486-137772152231_thumb.jpg

3 answers to this question

Thanks Scott,

Anyone have suggestions on all the lattace? I suggested replacing and staining the new, would probally be less expensive thant the time to strip, sand/detail and stain!

There is about 625 sf of lattace (both sides) that have to be stripped, I was figuring about$2.50/ sf??? Is that too much or about right?

Need other help with fence pricing. 345 lf of 5' high fence. Never stained or sealed, is in good condition. I figure needs good cleaning, brighten and stained. Question is, not sure where to price it in with other. Since it is not a heavy strip job, what would you recommend for a price range on the fence?

Thanks for any feedback