Sign in to follow this  
dgold42

Does anyone add a scent to there chemical

Question

I've bought concentrated scent addatives from espec in the past and they smell great. I love having a fresh lemon, cherry, citrus smell when I'm done.

Also, some of my customers don't like the strong bleach smell. I think that anything that gives the impression of a strong chemical makes them nervious. Plus it's just not a pleasent smell.

The problem with the espec concentrate is the price. I would have to add a quart to every 5 gallon mix to overpower the bleach smell.

Does anyone else add scents to there mixes? If so, what do you use and where could I get it?

Thanks

Dan

10 answers to this question

I've bought concentrated scent addatives from espec in the past and they smell great. I love having a fresh lemon, cherry, citrus smell when I'm done.

Also, some of my customers don't like the strong bleach smell. I think that anything that gives the impression of a strong chemical makes them nervious. Plus it's just not a pleasent smell.

The problem with the espec concentrate is the price. I would have to add a quart to every 5 gallon mix to overpower the bleach smell.

Does anyone else add scents to there mixes? If so, what do you use and where could I get it?

Thanks

Dan

Steve Rowlett sells a lemon scent to kill the bleach smell. I think it is called Lemonator. www.rowlettpressure.com

Mike

I have used a cherry wax in my mix before just to try it out, not for the purpose of killiing the smell. I only added 20 oz. to 15 gal of 12% and it killed the smell. its car wash wax from jbs industries. i don't do much house washing so its not a big deal to me.

Orange or lemon extract from the dollar store will mask the scent just as good anything you'll pay $20 for from a supplier.

Also,adding 1/2 a cup of apple scented dish soap works.

I'm going to try the lemon/orange extract first because I can get that localy but I'm also going to purchase the lemonator from Steve Rowlett.

I looked at his website and he has it listed for the exact reason I needed it for. To kill the love smell.

Thanks for all the quick replies. This board is a huge asset.

Thanks Again

Dan

Hey Scott

Do you know anywhere I could buy extract in bulk? Like 5 Gallons at a time for a really good price. I did a search on Google and only found 1 gallon for $29.50.

I'm looking for a pretty strong after smell. When ever I've used the scents from espec my customers have always made a positive comment about the smell. But you need alot of scent to overcome the love. Which puts an extra $3 onto what it cost's me for my five gallon mix.

Doesn't sound like much money but when you consider how many 5 gallon housewash mixes I make in a season it really adds up.

Also, isn't extract in oil form? Does it mix well with Love. I think it's extract oil, alcohol and water.

By the way Scott, thanks for the extract idea. I never thought of using it before.

Thanks

Dan