Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Carpentry/Repair rates.

Question

We get a great deal of requests for repair and carpentry these days and I was curious what others who feel comfortable to share the rate range they may charge.

We are in the 65+/hr + materials range, does that seem low?

We perform custom requests for enhancements and upgrades to screens, rails, lighting etc...

What does anyone else do?

Rod!~

5 answers to this question

Rod the time factor is irrelevant. What it takes some guy four hours to do I may be able to do in two or vice versa. I charge $5 per linear foot of floor board plus materials. If the existing wood is rotted and nailed down it's more like $7. This includes preparing all of the old wood for disposal.

Technician man-hours billed by Kirchhoff Handyman Solutions shall include all of the productive labor time normally associated with the customer’s project and any other time spent on behalf of the customer, including but not limited to:

• Evaluation of project (at owners request) to provide Owner with an estimated cost for completion.

• Technician hourly rate of $60 per man-hour (special discounts may apply), with a minimum charge of one (1) man-hour. Time incurred over one hour will be billed at fifteen minute increments.

• Pick up and delivery of materials, plus standard 20% markup over cost for materials purchased by Contractor on behalf of the customer. (Owner can save money by having materials onsite, ready for installation)

• Disposal fees for any material which cannot fit into a standard 30 gallon trash can.

• Small service fee of $30 applied to all individual invoices.

• Payment is due upon completion unless prior arrangements are made before work begins.

Technician man-hours billed by Kirchhoff Handyman Solutions shall include all of the productive labor time normally associated with the customer’s project and any other time spent on behalf of the customer, including but not limited to:

• Evaluation of project (at owners request) to provide Owner with an estimated cost for completion.

• Technician hourly rate of $60 per man-hour (special discounts may apply), with a minimum charge of one (1) man-hour. Time incurred over one hour will be billed at fifteen minute increments.

• Pick up and delivery of materials, plus standard 20% markup over cost for materials purchased by Contractor on behalf of the customer. (Owner can save money by having materials onsite, ready for installation)

• Disposal fees for any material which cannot fit into a standard 30 gallon trash can.

• Small service fee of $30 applied to all individual invoices.

• Payment is due upon completion unless prior arrangements are made before work begins.

How does a homeowner know if you are a capable carpenter? I am having a hard time believing you detail for the customer exactly what your profit structure is built upon.

How does a homeowner know if you are a capable carpenter? I am having a hard time believing you detail for the customer exactly what your profit structure is built upon.

#1 Name Recognition #2 References (if needed)

I am unclear what you mean by I am having a hard time believing you detail for the customer exactly what your profit structure is built upon.” My clients have no idea what my overhead or profit is.