Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Which machine

I'm going to buy a portable machine this week, but I'll be using it off my tank most or all of the time

I have 3 4gpm machines and my 5.6 and I use 3-4 of them everyday while doing the condos or any kind of work. So I want to buy the WaterCannon 5.6 portable to help speed up things over my 4 GPM machines

I'm just not sure which 5.5 to buy. Water Cannon has a 5.5gpm at 3500psi 20HP portable its around $2100+ or they have a 5.5GPM only 13HP and only 2800psi , but its much less expensive $1370

Would be buying the lesser 13HP 2800 psi be a bad move, Im looking to use it for cleaning houses/condo complexes and running a 30" surface cleaner and rinsing Thats why I want the 5.5

Everybody always says its the GPM not the PSI, so whats the cons on the lesser expensive machine. Is a 13HP enough, will it last, and is 2800psi enough for what I need it for. I dont mind spending more money if I need to, but if I dont need to thats cool

Thanks for any advise

JL

Surface cleaners work well with higher pressures. I had a 2700psi 3.5gpm machine that could not make the surface cleaner put out the highest rpm's. Granted it was an 8hp motor but still the pressure and gpm were sufficient.

Comparably, using a 13hp, 3200psi, 4gpm machine, it works great. I am using a whisper-wash classic if this gives any further insight.

Personally, I like higher pressure machines because in some cases you need it and if you don't have it you will want it. The option of changing orifice sizes to accommodate the pressure drops as needed also offer a flexibility one cannot fully appreciate with a lower powered machine. Yeah, I'm spoiled on our 8gpm and 4.5gpm machines but I don't like to sacrifice the other factors that help to produce the results I've needed on various occasions including house/condo washing.

Another thought, lower psi/hp machines usually come with smaller I.D. hoses. This has been a problem in the past when it came to chem injection over long lengths of hose especially over 100'.

For your consideration...

Rod!~

Specs seem kinda big for a 13hp motor......

Oh, and when was the last time you bought something and said to yourself, "you know, I should have got something smaller." For me, not often. Usually it is, "man, why didn't I just buck up and spend a couple extra $$ and do it right the first time." Goes for trailers, vehicles, machines, power tools, etc.

Jeff,

I recently added a 5.5/3000 gear drive pump to my trusty old (now a spare) direct drive machine. I get the flow and about 2600 psi. There is a big (positive) difference using the 20" surface cleaner. Just a thought.

P.S. I paid $300 or $350 (eBay) for the pump (Comet) with the gear drive and had to use a shoehorn to get it on.

P.P.S I just checked and they are offering the same pump for a "Buy-itnow" of $299. Item number: 7600128742

Come on Condo King, get a 8 gpm man! But if you must get a 5.5 gpm, go for the higher psi.

I'm working on getting prices for 8GPM set up too, But the 5.5GPM is to add to my exsisting enclosed trailer to run off the same tank.

The Condo King is working on alot of stuff, want to give me a loan

Hopefully will have or will have ordered a new Chevy 2500 HD with in the next few weeks

Buying the portable 5.5 for enclosed traler & reel

re-setting up my small open trailer 6X10 for residential work, need to put my 4gpm machine and have it set up and plumbed with a float tank so I can put the cold 5.5 on it and 1 of the 4 gpm, need reels for that too

Pricing 8GPM open trailer rig but want to do it right, want Rhino Liner on bed of it, all the other stuff that goes with it

Plus we should be breaking ground on the new house in the next week or 2. Building a house is a big money pit, but its going to be almost everything I ever wanted in a house

Now when I open my check book theres a big SUCKING SOUND

Anybody want to buy stock in JL PWing:lgsideway

Need truck 1st and will be ordering 5.5 machine and the new house is very important

Oh Ya the medica bills and charges for my pregnant wifey

Sometimes the Condo King feels like the court jester:lgsad: :lgbonk:

I'm not complaining (not much) just alot going on

By the way I'm going with the 5.5 3500 20HP

JL

How life has changed from 6,7, 8 years ago, back then I was just trying to figure out which bar to go to and if I was going to get any ladies to take home and party party party. I wouldnt give up the life i have now for anything, well Swedish womens swim team maybe, Ah I couldnt get them back in the day, I know I cant get them now. I'll stay with what I got LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

Hey Jeff why not get a Dodge HD Bet I can get u a discount.PM me if interested.

Plus they have 0% financing for 60 mo.'s and if you want no payments until Oct.

Hey Jeff why not get a Dodge HD Bet I can get u a discount.PM me if interested.

Thanks for the offer, but the Dodges are 7-9K more than the Chevy and i have some issues with Dodges as they get up arround 60 K of miles

Thanks

JL

well i'm sure that chevy has some issues too, think of it 0% financing for 60months thats free money, plus a fantastic warranty and a discount from me an employee, thats well below that 7-9k you spoke of. plus i may be able to get discount on accesories like side steps ladder racks etc thats 25% on them.

I got the vendor discount on my 03 Dodge and with the rebate they had at the time I got my truck for $9k less then sticker :lgmoneyey Now the employee discount that jgoral76 can get would be even lower then the vendor discount I got. Plus you get the 100k mile warrenty on the motor if you buy the CUMMINS and you will get 17 18 mpg while towing the enclosed trailer.

well i'm sure that chevy has some issues too, think of it 0% financing for 60months thats free money, plus a fantastic warranty and a discount from me an employee, thats well below that 7-9k you spoke of. plus i may be able to get discount on accesories like side steps ladder racks etc thats 25% on them.

Hey Jeff I'll give you a call tomorrow, I didnt know you worked for Dodge and thank you for the offer thats great of you to offer the help.

Jeff