Sign in to follow this  
ken wiggins

What the heck is a real X-Jet ?

My dealer sold me a "X-Jet" with my new rig. It is a brass nozzle that I can use when up steaming. Works good I guess. Just put the chems on, change the nozzle and rinse. However, when I have worked with Jeff, he has a big black adjustable nozzle that looks something like a roto nozzle. He has his chem injector attached to the end of this on his wand and uses a 5 gal. bucket he draws from. Which is a X-Jet ? He likes doing the bucket thing, I like the idea of using my so called X-jet directly from my 30 gal. chem tank, but again, I'm still learning this stuff. Thanks in advance for any info.

An X-Jet is a chemical applicator made by Xterior Sales in North Carolina. They have 2 versions, 1 being the M-5 that Jeff has and the original which is all Stainless except for the intake hose barb.

They both attach at the end of the lance and pull chems from whatever container you choose.

http://xteriorsales.com/store/products.asp?cat=134

My dealer sold me a "X-Jet" with my new rig. It is a brass nozzle that I can use when up steaming. Works good I guess. Just put the chems on, change the nozzle and rinse. However, when I have worked with Jeff, he has a big black adjustable nozzle that looks something like a roto nozzle. He has his chem injector attached to the end of this on his wand and uses a 5 gal. bucket he draws from. Which is a X-Jet ? He likes doing the bucket thing, I like the idea of using my so called X-jet directly from my 30 gal. chem tank, but again, I'm still learning this stuff. Thanks in advance for any info.

Ken what I showed you was the only real Xjet. What ever that clown wants to call that brass nozzle he sold you isnt a real Xjet, he's the same guy that told you the 6gpm was an 8gpm, I don't know if I'd beleive anything he says, Look at Xterior website they manufacture the Xjet

Jeff

i bought an x jet m5 how does the water come through the line if theres no pump pumping it through to the tip?

A Venturi effect caused when the water from the washer passes over the soap line and creates suction. If you were to run the xjet on the end of your wand with no chem line, then stick your finger over the inlet barb, you will feel the suction.