Sign in to follow this  
mas3372

chemical injector

Hey again,

I was playing around with my machine the other day using 50 feet of house and washed my truck and front of my house. The downstream injector worked great. I then put my hose reel on with 200 feet of house and I can barley draw any soap. Is it because of the 200 feet our house. I am assuming that I am not drawing enough due to the length. I am using a dual lance nozzle. Should I move the chemical injector up towards the gun and just carry the bucket with me?

Thanks

That will work...or a larger diameter tip, or possibly the gun/wand has an accumulation of "gunk" that is creating a little backpressure. In general, 200' is about the practical limit for downstreaming.

If your machine won't draw upstream (through the pump under high pressure), sounds to me like a lot of water is bypassing, decreasing pump vacuum. You're having a helluva time with that thing, aren't you?

I use three hundred feet all day long. You have to use a smaller oriface than is recommended.

a smaller orifice where? on the tip at the wand or inside the injector body?

Got my rig back from ICE today. Owner tells me that I can't make my 8 GPM, 3200 PSI, 24HP machine will not inject chemical from my hose reels because I have 150' of hose, can only use 100'. Also, I can't draw chem using my 5' wand, only the shorter one. Does this sound right ? I guess when I want to use 150' hose and longer wands, I 'll need to go to the X-Jet system that Jeff uses. Draw from A 5 GAL. bucket and draw the chem to the end of the wand. Any advise is appreciated.

Ken He is wrong I draw chem from an 8ft wand and 300 ft of hose on a 9.3 gpm machine all day long.You have to use a smaller oriface than is recomended.

Yea Mel, I thought I read that from you before. I guess that all I can do is work and learn the machine with different tips, wands, etc. and figure it out as I go, As my local '' EXPERTS'' can't seem to get ur dun !