Sign in to follow this  
PLD

Deck Contest Discussion thread.

Question

Prev thread restarted here for further discussion.

I think you guys should start a 'Deck of the month" thread to showcase and highlight all the great decks being posted. I think a lot more contractors would step up and post if there was a little friendly competition going on. Maybe different catagories for different wood types. I also think it would be a great selling tool for potential customers if they thought their deck would be entered in the competition. The customer could even be pointed to this web site to see results and/or get educated.......Maybe highlight 5 or 10 decks a month and have the "12 best decks of the year "..........Then you could have the Official GrimeScene pin up calendar called "All decked out".....SEXY HEY....Maybe you could take a poll to see if the idea holds water....................YAZ

I said 5-10 "highlighted" decks of the month but not an overall winner.......I say if someone can't crack the top 5 or 10 then their deck is probably not the best deck in anyones eyes anyway..........I think highlighting decks would be fun........I think a year end poll to pick the 12 best would be a BLAST.........YAZ.

You are missing the boat here. This is a HUGE marketing opportunity for individuals and for the industry. Everyone who chooses to submits on photo of their work. Each month we vote (poll) and we pick a winner. At the end of the year, we pick one of the 12 winners as the grand champion.

Winners get to claim

"Recently selected "Best beck" by professional contractors nationwide"

"3x winner of the "Best Deck" contest"

"Voted Best Deck of 2006 from a field of 300 professional contractors"

"3rd prize in the national "Best Deck" competition"

Vendors get to claim:

- SuperSeal was the product of choice for 90% of the Best Deck winners.

- WoodStuff chosen by winner of the 2006, 2007, 2009 Best Deck championship.

- More BestDeck champions use SoftWash than any other wood cleaner.

Orgs can claim

100% of "best deck winners" were PWRAPINA certified.

99% of Best Deck champions are NANDCA members.

TGS gets to claim

- Home of the National Best Deck Competition

- Where champions come to compare notes.

I think I see something coming to life here. Guys, take a look at the Gallery feature we have. Folks can post photos and rate them. So, someone can post a photos then anyone can go in and rate what they think, between 1 and 10, and leave comments. The thread will get an overall rating based upon those who rate it. Go check out the Gallery feature. Its the perfect place to do this. Then we can see about getting a calendar made. I love this kind of creative idea. There is nothing keeping us from doing this.

Let's start a thread for this idea, and hammer out the details. Post the parts of this thread in it that pertain to it.

5 answers to this question

Is that what you had in mind?

IMHO, smart vendors will want to sponsor some eye catching prizes and get involved in the PR machine early. Being the official sponsor of the "2006 WolTempco Best Deck championship" is probably gonna get alot of PR as those who show and win start adding "Winner 2006 SunDelco Best Deck Championship" to their signatures, their marketing materials, etc.

The more I think about this, the more I truly think that it has more PR potential than wood certification (at least for the few who show well). Not that certification is bad, but a customer can really get their mind around a national championship in which the best of the best duke it out for top dog. Add to it that the judging is done by a panel of hypercritical peers and you've got a really marketing boon for the winner.

Picture this as a TV commerical

<loud booming voice, 2010 bold music background>

<images of decks slide show in background>

<bold text zooms in from back>

Judged exclusively by Wood Restoration Experts...

{fade to black}

Contestants from all over America...

{fade to black}

Thousands of entries...

{fade to black}

Only ONE winner...

{fade to black}

The 2006 Best Deck Championship!

{fade to black}

<music reaches crescendo>

<text fades in>

Can your contractor handle it?

{fade to black}

Beth,

I would suggest moving this thread up to the deck thread. This is a low visability area for the deckmeisters.....I will donate a case of "the beer of your choice" (shipped) to the first monthly winner to get the ball rolling..........Shane, Rod, James, do you guys drink beer cause my money is........well nevermind........................YAZ

Stephen Andrews

POWER WASHING

HOME & PROPERTY

CARE & MAINTENANCE