Sign in to follow this  
JFife

Referral Plan

Had a plan for a referral system that I am incorperating that I thought I'd share, may be useful to someone.

When asking for referrals, I think what Jeff does is the best way, just tell people that you always are looking for new accounts, "please give my name to others." Another method I've seen used is the "paid referral" plan, or give away a free job, etc.

What I am going to start doing is advertising (well, on website and proposal material) that for any referrals I get I will make a donation for "X" dollars in that persons name to a charity of my choice, unless they specify one. I just had an aquintance that was murdered by his wife in TN, and they've set up a Trust Fund for the three daughters for their needed counseling, and anything left will go to a college fund. I plan to donate since i knew the people involved, but these things tend to fizzle, so I was trying to think of a way for me to continue donating on a longer term. ....And, if the customer had a charity they donated to, they could specify it (I doubt many would).

The reason I wanted to do this is two-fold. One, I don't like the "paid referral" thing, because it hints at desperatism to me. Then you gotta send them a check, after the job, but what if the customer holds your last check, blah, blah, blah. With paying to a charity, it would be on your honor, done when you wanted, no confusion. And it doesn't seem as desparate. Two, you'd (I'd) be giving, and helping. Sure, a referral check for $50 is nice, but I think most would like the idea of a donation being given in their name.

Just what I'm doing, thought I'd pass it on.

Now your thinking outside the box Jon, very interesting idea, and people would also see you are a giving and caring person and that can be a very profitable identity to have in business.

Now u sound like Rfitz " Death , charities , And Taxes " all suck. I added taxes. NEGATIVE Karma !!!! Just be yourself!!! I tell people to give to the jimmmy fund and add my adddress.

LOL " Grave site flowers" Your death is my Extra breath!

Positive note- my wife and I do allot of volunteering. Equals free referals. Today I worked for a regular cust. of 10 years.She Went for a AM walk with 2 babe bino's . The rest is history......