Sign in to follow this  
VanDiesel99

Fun with Bleach and Sodium Hydrox

You know your a power washer if you go through $120 Red Wing boots in 6 months, and one of the safety hazards of your occupation is having your crotch burned off with high conc bleach.

post-364-137772153852_thumb.jpg

post-364-137772153857_thumb.jpg

post-364-137772153862_thumb.jpg

I've found when stripping or staining with an oilbased stain, get chem resistant soles, not rubber ones. I've got a nice pair of Geaorgia brand loggers that I never wear because of the rubber sole. Nothing like walking back across the deck after staining and leaving nice black footprints in it. .....

You know your a power washer if you go through $120 Red Wing boots in 6 months, and one of the safety hazards of your occupation is having your crotch burned off with high conc bleach.

Get some used uniform pants wont get bleach spots or holes I have the same 12 pairs of pants & shorts from last march.

Check out Walts www.usedworkclothing.com . Pants and shorts around $4.00 a pair

Jeff

Excellent link Jeff. I've been buying dickies for $21/pair. Any tips on buying shirts that hold up (color) to bleach like Dickies pants?

Excellent link Jeff. I've been buying dickies for $21/pair. Any tips on buying shirts that hold up (color) to bleach like Dickies pants?

Walts as you see have uniform shirts also but I dont like them because they have old logo patches on them, you can request that they send you shirts without any, but they still have the adhesive residue on them and it doesnt look good and I cant have logo screenprinted on them.

I haven't found any shirts that hold up, I guess I could buy dickie style shirts new, but in the summer heat they are really hot from past experiences

FYI when you buy the pants ask them how the sizes run, I get mine just a little bigger and they fit real well, but Im getting fat, so what I think is big is actually my real size now LOL

The uniform pants are great thou from Walts and the delivery fee is cheap also

JL

I wear the Under Armour type shirts. I get the cheap imitation ones from Ross or somewhere like that. For some reason they do not bleach out at all. I normally wear a long sleeve one. They are also very breathable and comfortable.

Jeff Robison

Titan Exterior

IIRC, under armour is 100% polypropylene. Hence, no bleaching. Never thought about it as a work shirt, but that's a good idea.

I have two blue button down oxford shirts that I got from a prev employer. They are 60/40 and do not bleach at all. They are into season 2 and look as good and when I got them (except for ground-in dirt) I have taken them to 3 different suppliers and not been able to replicate them. If any one

can suggest how to get more of these, please speak up. We could ALL benefit as this is a shirt you can work in AND do quotes in.