Sign in to follow this  
Celeste

Staining with Coress Wand

Question

Here is a before shot of one of the mansard style cedar shake roofs in our current project (bit nasty!) The second is Roger staining using the Coress (Thank you Matt Johnson!) This is making this job go sooo much faster!

Celeste

16 answers to this question

Man, Celeste, I never thought of that. I have the Coress and never thought of using it as a stain sprayer. If I may, I'd like to give you a call to find out the details on making this work.

I have used it for pressure washing wood up high, but never staining.

Paul Dinos

Pro Clean

This has my vote for the best idea this season so far. I will be spraying a clear sealer on a 3 story wooden silo that is part of an old tobacco barn that the customer has renovated in to a house. Very nice and unique. Anyhoo, I will be using my coress and deckster. I dont know what tip you used but Im going to try with my idea and see. As always Celeste, thanks for sharing.

Thats really neat guys, nice job....... do you guys get ANY wind in NC? I'd like to try something like that (especially if I ever want any cedar shake gigs) but I think I'd get sealer all over the state of Illinois and parts of Indiana :)

Hi

Do you use the Coress lance/wand to pressure wash gutters etc?

Any idea how it works with say, 15lts per minute (3 -4 gallons per minute) and top psi 3600 Max. Or is it just for chemicals and stainers etc. Would be interested in any feedback on this.

Thanks

Roger

Wow - sorry we've been so out of touch the last couple days! I gotta toss a little honesty in on those particular pics though - those pics were staged - staining was pretty much complete so the clean up was done but I was fussing so much for pictures that they did those for me just for illustrative purposes.

When the wind blows in NC, we just don't spray :) Down in SC on that job, it was so hot and humid, nothing went anywhere! We're applying Wood Defender on this job so overspray really just goes straight down. There's pine straw around the edge of the grass so the stain doesn't show. Bushes and sidewalks are covered. We're very anal about prep - hate cleaning up!

And like Matthew said, chems go up with it beautifully! Another neat trick was a little duel nozzle contraption that goes on the Coress - makes rinsing twice as fast!

Roger, we absolutely use it on gutters when we do them - we have a flow through brush attachment for it just for that.

Celeste