Sign in to follow this  
steffysmom

pricing gutters and chemicals

Hi Everybody--Several questions:

Do you include gutter cleaning (washing exterior of gutters)in the price of washing a house?

If you price it separate, what do you price the gutters at per ft ?

What do you use to clean the gutters (I've heard gutter zap is a great product) ??

Greatly aprreciate everyone's help.

Yes, normally. If there are a lot of them, up high, I will charge an extra 10%. I have tried many gutter cleaners, and, for my money, Simple Green - undiluted - applied with a soft brush on an extension pole, works best and costs the least. One gallon will last for quite a few houses and costs about $8.

I've read here a few times, about offering different levels of service to the customer. There are those that disagreed with that thought process, but it made sense to me.

As far as pricing gutters, for me, it's not an exact science. I hope to get it there at some point, but for now I look at it as an extension of time. As I walk around the property, taking pictures and checking everything out I visualize how long it will take me to wash. Make a decision on what you want to make per hour, and experience (of which I have little) will tell you what to charge.

Just an opinion

Matt