Sign in to follow this  
Mountain View

Interesting FAQ's

Question

11 answers to this question

Well if you watched the video they didn't even touch the top cap either cleaned it or stained..How bout when the guy staining the fence getting stain allover the stone retaining wall..:rolleyes:

I wouldn't blame the 18 months on the cleaning process more so than the product itself!

Wood Defender makes the stain/concentrate...this company probally mixes their own formula for their fences.

Like i told you Pete some comapnies will try to 50 gal. from a concentrate rather than the 40 they are suposed to get.So hince the poor quality of stain and i'm not so impressed with their colors anyway

Did I miss the brightening process in the video?

There is no need to use Oxalic when you clean a fence with bleach Barry.If you try spraying Oxalic after bleach you better hold your nose cause there will a gassy smell that wreaks!

I don't advise to use Oxalic after using bleach it doesn't make a difference at all.I'm saying this from using a oil base stain and not a film forming that may react different.

What do you say about rinsing, shane?? Would you rinse the bleach off? I also am not impressed by the appearance of the stain. I'll stick with TWP/Greyaway. Nice website and marketing, however.

Back to the rinsing question (shane), once the bleach turns the wood back to gold, it then starts turning silver. At which point with a thorough washing you can again get the wood back to gold. Do you thoroughly wash, or just rinse and leave it silver? One a three yr old mildewed/nasty fence w/ no sealer Shane, what percentage bleach would you want to HIT the fence?

Ohh yes i ALWAYS rinse the fence off but not always p/wash it just depends how old and grey the fence is.If i spray a fence then it turns golden right away then no need to p/wash.

Jon,on 95%percent of my fences i'll clean with bleach my ratio is 2 parts bleach 3 parts water.That 12% i've been using is super duper strong it was dated 3-06-06 and i recieved on 3-10-06.

If a fence is still silver or grey the stain will be real dark,i want the fence to be white rather than silver or grey