Sign in to follow this  
the_GUNN_man

Hd-80

Question

6 answers to this question

HD-80 is a wonderful product. Rod and I began using it when it was first invented a few years back. We had worked with the beta and alpha versions of it before that and have been (and always will be) testers for Extreme Soultions products. It's why we carry their line of products exclusively. www.thegrimescene.com and click the HD-80 FAQ page on the menu. There are other FAQ pages there as well.

It will cut through Sikkens, Behr, CWF, TWP, Wolman (ALL), Cabot, Cuprinol, you name it. It even strips some paints. There are some work photos on the FAQ page also.

Rod is a picky guy when it comes to the products he will trust our name to, and he has tried most products out there. Because HD-80 will take anything off, you really don't need anything else, any stronger he says would be overkill and too strong in his opinion.

You might want to try a 10 lb. tub. Most guys start that way, and then the next time around....funny thing is they get the 30 lb. tub. The Citralic acid and EFC-38 are wonderful too, in fact alot of folks overlook the EFC-38. You can strip with it, if it is a light sealer like Wolman F&P or Ready Seal or another oil based product. Films need HD-80.

Beth

Thanks to everyone that contributes to all of these boards. I am new and ready to try both HD-80 and HD-38. How do you actually apply these...backpack/sprayer, downstream? Thanks.

:confused:

Doug Fox

Rod's favorite is a pump up believe it or not. I would never ever suggest running it through the pump, nor would I suggest using something like an x-jet for HD-80. (EFC-38 is another matter)

Why? Well, there are a few reasons....

1. Chems are not good for your pump. Good way to ruin the pump.

2. injected with an x-jet, HD-80 or ANY other sodium hydroxide based product can do serious damage. You need to control the application carefully. It's not water.

3. dilution ratios are an issue when applied with downstream in jection, regardless of the chemical. To maintain proper ratios you need to control the application.

EFC-38 can be used on house washing and applied downstream, no problem. But it's not the same chemical as HD-80. The two have....different levels of user friendliness, plant friendliness, property friendliness. EFC is alot more friendly that HD.

Hope this helps.

Beth:)

p.s. Electric sprayer with a shurflo pump works well too!