Sign in to follow this  
Littlefield

Quality Application Assurance standard for Wood??

Anyone have this in their contracts/scope of work. Phrasing such as " Stain will be applied according to manufacturers specs and will be free of drips, sags, lap lines, light spots/holidays, etc visible from greater than 10' away, blah blah blah? I know PDCA has standards for paint, how about us? If not, reckon WRAPI could get on this ASAP? I know everyone is busy, but maybe we can get the ball rolling. Anyone care to add to the above?

With some products out there, I am hesitant to apply any more than "will apply according to manufacturers labeled directions. We are not responsible for product formulation that does not perform up to manufacturers claims for durability, color, or protection".

I will fully warrant WT for 3 years. Others...well, it depends on the product and if it is a solid, semi solid or trans-oxide pigmented. In short, we do not warrant any products we do not recommend. We recommend WT, Cabot and Sikkens brand products.

If a client chooses another product for instance from one of the local diy'er stores, we will only warrant the labor for 30 days and nothing about the product. More than likely, our experience with them has been nothing short of a disappointment.

Rod!~