Sign in to follow this  
kenfitz

Organizational Structure

Hello all, I am in the process of writing my business plan.

Please provide me with a detailed idea of how a big & established pressure washing company is organized? What are the different employee roles that need to be filled?

Is anyone familiar with Emyth? Who had been successful at creating a business system that is easily duplicated? Has anyone tried to franchise there PW service company?

I am diving into my first season in the pressure washer business. I have been in window cleaning PT for years and it was the natural progression to get into PW. I have quit my full time job to devote myself to it. I have been reading this board a lot and I have to say that I really admire all of you on this board, Thanks for all of your help so far and I hope with your help to grow my business.

-Ken

There really aren't many models to choose from. There are a few franchises I have seen but they are still in infancy. I have explored and included franchising in my long term business plan. This business is a natural for it.

Welcome and congrats on going full time.

Ken,

Organizational structure for this biz is pretty simple, similar to and contractor related biz. The basics of org structures are important to keep in mind...flat structures result in being more responsive and better internal communications.

Take a look at using the project mgr. concept. It works in the operations side, and sales side. Several crews work under one project manager, several sales reps work under one sales mgr. Project mgr and sales mgr. manage process, manage quality, communicate with customers, etc.

Important thing is to make sure your comp plan for all positions provides incentives for profitability, customer satisfaction, etc.

You'll need to work out the ratios/metrics that make sense for your company and biz plan.

Kevin