Sign in to follow this  
mikew

Tennis Courts

Question

What chemical would you use to do a light cleaning of a tennis court? The court is going to be resurfaced next year. Just wanting to do a light rinse really. I was thinking I would use my house wash mix ( PowerHouse + 12%), xjet it on, dwell, and rinse. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike

5 answers to this question

Sounds like you already got the right idea. I might suggest that you go very light at first with the 12% and see where that gets you. If not you may be the first to invent the "white" tennis court. But then again, that might make it easier to see those neon green balls.

Show some pics when your done.

AC

Sounds like you already got the right idea. I might suggest that you go very light at first with the 12% and see where that gets you. If not you may be the first to invent the "white" tennis court. But then again, that might make it easier to see those neon green balls.

Show some pics when your done.

AC

Hey AC,

How are things going? Staying busy? I don't want to invent the "white" tennis court!! I don't want to damage the court just lightly clean.

Anyone else have experience cleaning tennis courts?

Thanks,

Mike

Staying super busy except for yesterday with the rain. So busy, I forget to eat and passout. Not good. Been pushing it real hard since the surgery trying to forget the pain of it all.

I am pretty sure that the courts are painted with asphalt paint and can take the 12% really well. Was just thinking that it is not that much surface area and would probably not take more than a minute to re- apply w/ x-jet if the first time was too weak. But , I bet there are a few on here that do courts.

I am now curious if we are on the right track. I'll keep checking this thread to see if I can become more educated on the topic.

Hey your website looks great! Hope you are staying busy as well.

Staying super busy except for yesterday with the rain. So busy, I forget to eat and passout. Not good. Been pushing it real hard since the surgery trying to forget the pain of it all.

I am pretty sure that the courts are painted with asphalt paint and can take the 12% really well. Was just thinking that it is not that much surface area and would probably not take more than a minute to re- apply w/ x-jet if the first time was too weak. But , I bet there are a few on here that do courts.

I am now curious if we are on the right track. I'll keep checking this thread to see if I can become more educated on the topic.

Hey your website looks great! Hope you are staying busy as well.

Hey AC,

Hope the pain goes away soon.

I believe it it painted asphalt. It is only 1 tennis court. It is actually the court in my neighborhood. I'm cleaning the pool furniture and the tennis court at the same time. Plan is to move the pool furniture to the tennis court so I can clean the furniture. Was going to use my house wash mix on the vinyl pool funiture as well. After the pool furniture is cleaned and moved I would then apply my mix to the court and do a light rinse.

House wash mix should work well for the pool furniture. I was thinking that there would be so much water down on the tennis court that my chems would be diluted enough to be ok but I'm looking for everyone's opinion on this.

Thanks for complimenting my web site. It's a work in progress. I make changes to it as I have time.

Thanks!

Mike

If you are just doing a "light rinse" I just use a 5 jet waterbroom with a 3000psi machine warm water (if you can regulate) & roll it at an angle to push the dirt in front of you. Works great for me, fast & effective & with no chemicals.