Sign in to follow this  
HotShot

Dual personality?

Sorry for the horrible thread title :) I have had a Hood Cleaning company for 2 years now and there are some accounts that I have not been able to get because they wanted the outside pressure washed and my equipment just isn't settup fot that. So, I bought a new set of equipment that is designed for regular pressure washing services so that I could get these other huge accounts' kitchen hoods also, and I've come to realize, thanks to this forum, that there is a lot of money in sidewalks, drive thru's etc...

Ok, my question is, "Should I file a new DBA and run it as a seperate business including new set of books and the whole nine yards?" or is there some way to do a new fictitious name, then just kinda make it as a sub-category of my company now. Jeez, I hope this makes some kinda since to you guys.

Anyways, look forward to the advice.

Is there a reason you don't want this new phase of your company associated with the Hood cleaning one? Is the name of you old company too focussed or something like that?

You could advertise it as an "Exterior cleaning division" etc, or as a similar company name with a tagline differentiating it but still keeping the name recognition you already have.

PS We need a signature line in your posts, to better help you as well as follow the BB rules. See the sticky thread at the begining of each forum.

Thanks.

Rich...thanks for letting me know about the signature. I'll get that taken care of immediately :)

I think that HotShot Hood and Duct Services is too focused, however, I have a great reputation and would like to leverage that for the new "division" as you put it.

HotShot Pressure Cleaning, a division of HotShot Hood & Duct. 1 set of books. Keep it simple.

Thanks ALOT :) (just kiddin) that's exactly what I was looking for. How do I go about that? Just file the dba, then I can use that term at will...

Ken...thanks. I'm not incorporated. Before I ask the question of why incorporate and is it really a headache to be incorporated, I'll do a search on here and see what you guys have said about it already so you don't have to explain again :)