Sign in to follow this  
wesley

Enclosed Trailer

This is for guys with enclosed trailers. I have a few questions. Did you put some type of spray in liner down before using on a daily basis? If so how is it holding up and what type did you use? I just purchased a 7x14 Horton Hauler with the 3/4" pressure treated floor, so for the guys who use an enclosed without any type liner, how is it holding up for you? Thanks.

I used Sherwin Williams "Armor Coat" heavy duty floor coating along with a small container of the sand coat I mixed in to keep it from being slick as eel snot.

I have had the trailer a little over a year and the paint is just as good as new, and I'm sure glad I added the sand to keep it safe.

I painted the floor, about a foot up on the walls and the back door (ramp).:lgsideway

Hey Wesley/! Haven't seen you around in a bit. I hope the season is treating All Brite well so far. BTW, since the time we first met I've always really liked your company name. I need to make a trip down and see how it's really done!

As for the liner, that $1,400+ turned me off quick too. That was Rhino. I got my truck bed done and just said to hell with the trailer. I've got the Hercules by Homesteader. If it looks bad next year i'll break it apart and coat it. The open I had last year I didn't care much what spilled. So, having yours coated will give you a lot of piece of mind as to what gets spilled or not cleaned up at the end of those long days you put in! I'd go with doing it yourself and if it doesn't perform well then get it sprayed in. I think you should do it in ORANGE!

cheers,

/neil

I put an epoxy for wood its holding up except were I have my 12% to many drips & spills. Definitly coat it with something I did all the wood floors & walls

What ever I buy next open or closed Im doing Rhino or LineX Ive had it in my truck since 2001 and Ive hauled alot of chem in it in the past its expensive , but great protection

Thanks John, I will look into that, sounds cheaper than having someone spray in a liner for me ($1400).

i CAN SELL YOU THE MATERIAL AND A GUN FOR SPRAYING IT YOURSELF CHEAPER THAN THAT. THE LINERS ARE POLYUREA. MATERIAL COST IS ROUGHLY $1.50 SF AND THE GUN TO SPRAY IT IS ABOUT $500.00. YOU WILL NEED AN AIR COMPRESSOR AND DISPOSABLE DRYERS TO PUT ON THE LINE.

YES YOU READ IT RIGHT. AT MY REGULAR JOB WE SELL IT AND IT IS THAT CHEAP TO PURCHASE. ON A PLYWOOD FLOOR YOU WOULD NEED TO PRIME IT BUT THE PRIMER IS NOT THAT EXPENSIVE EITHER. iF ANYONE IS INTERESTED JUST LET ME KNOW.

Jim...you and your 'regular job' seem to know or have just about everything! Next time I'm down in MB you definately need a beer or two bought for you. Probably the later end of Harley Week in May. Thanks for the Guaranteed Supply contact up here. I've purchased a few Prosoco specialty chems from them. Great guys.

The Rhino dealer here just got a new yet un-named liner product in and had just oriented on it with the manufacturer. It's not Rhino brand but a less expensive line. For over the rail coating, retail is $485. I helped him with price points and some selling angles in addition to his premium Rhino line so he cut me a big deal. Still, I think Rhino has the best product and all the others fall in line and similar after that.

cheers,

/neil

Thanks guys for the responses. I'm going to put something down myself.

Hey Wesley/! Haven't seen you around in a bit. I hope the season is treating All Brite well so far. BTW, since the time we first met I've always really liked your company name. I need to make a trip down and see how it's really done!

Neil, we are off to our best start ever, thanks for asking. We are just now starting to catch up a little. House washing, we are staying booked 2 weeks out( averaging 9 to 10 hours a day 6 days a week). I have found out over the past couple months, a 2 week period is about the longest I can get anyone to wait. Even repeat customers that I have had for a while dont want to wait that long, so for them we will work on Saturdays so I dont lose them. You haven't seen me around in a while but I've been checking in pretty regular. Good luck to you.

P.S. Why Orange? My logo is red, yellow and black.

I meant RED! That'd be sharp. Great news about your biz. I do want to get down there and pick your brain a bit.

Red? I think I better stick with something like gray. Feel free to call me, not much brain to pick but you can take a stab at it.