Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

entire neighborhood

Question

Im looking at pricing an entire neighborhhod for house washing. There's 243 homes, its a high priced area, but not large homes. Its a weird setup HOA, the front lawn and little white picket fences( Approx 10 - 18 ft long) in the front of each house are maintained by the HOA its in their HOA dues, I just did 16 of the fences because some trees got diseased and we had to clean them. The PM & HOA asked for a price to clean all the fences. The 16 I cleaned I threw out a price of $50 each, well each fence took 10- 15 minutes it was great money,. I think I will be getting all of them I told them $30 each

When talking to them I mentioned why dont you let me do all the houses too. The Board prez thought it was a good idea and he said they'd have to put it in the bylaws and have a general meeting & vote. This probably wont all be done this season, but it would be a great thing for us next year. If they homeowners go for it

The houses range from 1760 sq ft to 2017 sq ft models all are mostly vinyl with some with partial brick or stucco fronts. They take 1 - 1 1/4 hours to do each 1 man and I now charge $130 - $150 per house

What kind of discount should I offer. Im thinking all 243 homes $110 - $115 each. What do you think. One 2 man crew can do 10+ homes a day

We'll see if they go for it

JL

8 answers to this question

that sounds pretty darn good........its a dirty world jeff, and I think your gonna clean it ALL :cool:

long live the KING

The South & Mold I love them both!!!!!

If You Dont Get The Job Whoooooo Wiiiillll..get All You Can. U Are A Busy Man

Never to busy! I figure $140- $145 house & fence a little over a hour per lot, it seems fair to me 2 guys can get 8-10 a day. We'll see if I even get it, its not money in the bank yet. But Im trying

Are you sure that the HOA is not going after other bids also? Some HOA's by-laws require that they RFP a job of this size.

They may very well the PM hasnt mentioned that at all. Ive done a lot in this area street signs fences, huge pool are etc. Im thinking its a 50/50 chance they might get other bids or even approve it at all

This is going to be a wait & see I'm sure. Im lucky this is one of the many PM's that push for me to do the work even if Im not the lowest and if they will only go lowest, I'll know what it is and if I want to match it I usually will get the work. It sure would be a sweet project annually

JL

JL

Heres some pics in that neighborhood we are trying to get.

The white picket fence are the ones Im talking about, thats a big fence because its a corner lot most are half that size. We did a few of these columns also at the entrances. They came out pretty good a little citra clean, 12% and a little brushing. I use Citra clean on stucco/dryvit usually it just seems to clean dryvit good