Sign in to follow this  
stantonbrown

High pressure chem pump...

Question

5 answers to this question

Has anyone Used this setup to get chem's up on roofs, or on houses??

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_10213_10213

Thanks

Stan Brown

yes..i have that exact pump, i use it for spraying gutter cleaner. the only thing i dont like about it is that it runs continuously, instead of being on demand like a shurflo. it has worked great i have had no probs with it.

No, but having switched to a deckster I like bypass pumps much better than demand pumps. They products a much stronger, more even spray pattern.

No, but having switched to a deckster I like bypass pumps much better than demand pumps. They products a much stronger, more even spray pattern.

Yep, bypass pumps are great!

Unless, of course, you forget about the bypass and decide to use your gas powered roller pump (which is set up for roofs) to spray some sodium hydroxide on a horribly oil caked drive-through lane at a Burger King! I stuck a siphon hose into a 15 gallon drum of some degreaser I had laying around, fired up the pump, and started spraying. Got about 1/2 way done and the spray stopped. Figured I was out of gas (I think it has a 3 ounce gas tank) so I walked back to the trailer. Pump still running, but the drum is empty! There's no WAY I sprayed 15 gallons of degreaser...OOPS, forgout about the bypass line. I now have a nice mix of 20 gallons of chlorine, about 9 gallons of sodium hydroxide, and 20 gallons of water in my chlorine tank!!! Ugh!

Yep, bypass pumps are great!

Unless, of course, you forget about the bypass and decide to use your gas powered roller pump (which is set up for roofs) to spray some sodium hydroxide on a horribly oil caked drive-through lane at a Burger King! I stuck a siphon hose into a 15 gallon drum of some degreaser I had laying around, fired up the pump, and started spraying. Got about 1/2 way done and the spray stopped. Figured I was out of gas (I think it has a 3 ounce gas tank) so I walked back to the trailer. Pump still running, but the drum is empty! There's no WAY I sprayed 15 gallons of degreaser...OOPS, forgout about the bypass line. I now have a nice mix of 20 gallons of chlorine, about 9 gallons of sodium hydroxide, and 20 gallons of water in my chlorine tank!!! Ugh!

Hate it when that happens. I've ended up with some pretty nasty brews myself because of simple oversights.

Hate it when that happens. I've ended up with some pretty nasty brews myself because of simple oversights.

Well, luckily I was able to use about 1/2 of it on various greasy tile sidewalks and curbing...had to do all 4 of the BK's this week getting ready for some sort of corporate inspection.